Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuck.
Fuck.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/08/politics/i...=rss_world

Quote:Top U.S. general recommends more troops for Iraq and Syria

Quote:“War is too important to be left to the generals”

Georges Clemenceau
RE: Fuck.
At least he's not demanding combat roles...

...yet.
Dying to live, living to die.
Great title, Min. I saw. "Fuck" and I immediately knew what this thread was about.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I know what I was HOPING for it to be about . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Of COURSE he's recommending more troops - he's a general, that's what they do. If he were a greengrocer, he'd recommend sending avocados.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 8, 2016 at 6:16 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I know what I was HOPING for it to be about . . .

I always figured that if they found a way to rewire our brains so that we could better focus on higher things rather than on base things, I would rush to get as close to the front as possible. Vorlon, if you ever find yourself in such a line and you identify yourself, I'll let you cut in front of me.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Tell him he can have more troops but if his plan doesn't work he gets a firing squad.

Why does the US spend so much time and money on training when the enemy only has to give their guys 5 minutes? Maybe we ought to hire their trainers.
(March 9, 2016 at 4:22 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Tell him he can have more troops but if his plan doesn't work he gets a firing squad.  

Why does the US spend so much time and money on training when the enemy only has to give their guys 5 minutes?  Maybe we ought to hire their trainers.

... but then you'll be the first one bitching about the kill ratio.

I'll take cherry-picking for a True Daily Double, Alex.

(March 9, 2016 at 4:22 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Tell him he can have more troops but if his plan doesn't work he gets a firing squad.  

Why does the US spend so much time and money on training when the enemy only has to give their guys 5 minutes?  Maybe we ought to hire their trainers.

We do a fine job training "our" soldiers.... its when we try to train others that we find out that "training" is a panacea and doesn't mean shit when contrasted with the commitment of the other side.

So that we can all stand in formation and yell:

"I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained soldier in the world.  In the race for victory I am swift, determined, and courageous.  Armed with a fierce will to win, never will I fail my countries trust, always I fight on, through the foe, to the objective, to victory overall.  If necessary I will fight to my death."

-and mean it.  

Whereas the other guys are chronically shitty with their own equipment no matter who they stole it from or how awesome it is...and run like roaches to save their skin leaving their gear behind them at the ao they lost.  Not that this hasn't been working of late...but that has to do with the ROE more than anything else.   Give a mech infantry company open license and watch how their training clears a city block of effective enemies in an hour, for generations.   OTOH, don't give them that and see how their training prevents wholesale slaughter of anything that sneezes in the wrong direction - even if it means they take a bullet or two for their trouble.  We project our power in a way, even when we fuck up, that's hard to match.  That's training, and it's expensive.

(my bolds for you Min....seems we have trouble instilling that in others, agreed)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuck "isims" Brian37 29 2348 August 22, 2019 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Fuck This Xtian Nation Shit Minimalist 22 3060 April 10, 2018 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Aw, Fuck...Let's Have Some Fun! Minimalist 6 1465 December 29, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Fuck the Shroud of Turin Minimalist 2 1132 October 24, 2014 at 11:35 am
Last Post: Minimalist