Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projects
Projects
I see some of the longwinded replies some posters out up and wonder "doesn't that windbag have a life?"

I mean - come on - the board is fun, and I don't know about you but I have shit to do.

I don't know how I got so much shit done when I worked. I guess I didn't sleep much.

My latest project - I picked up some big industrial caster wheels at a garage sale. One needed bearings. I got those yesterday - and made some mounts out of angle iron - to mount them onto the legs of my welding bench.

The bench and welder sit in the end of my garage bay that has the lift. Whenever I put a car up on the lift - the bench has always been on the way - making it tough to get around the front of the car.

Not anymore. Smile

Next project -

2001 Saturn SC2 - yellow. I bought it with front end damage - and just picked up the hood, fender, bumper cover and mirror to replace the damage. So - gotta sanitize the garage and get everything ready for the repaint.

What do you have going on?
RE: Projects
I always have something going on, it's what I do for a living.  Right now, I'm about halfway through building a tenor guitar.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 15, 2019 at 7:55 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I always have something going on, it's what I do for a living.  Right now, I'm about halfway through building a tenor guitar.

Boru

Building any accoustical stringed instrument is a real mark of somebody who knows what the fuck they are doing. 

Great
(August 15, 2019 at 8:14 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 15, 2019 at 7:55 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I always have something going on, it's what I do for a living.  Right now, I'm about halfway through building a tenor guitar.

Boru

Building any accoustical stringed instrument is a real mark of somebody who knows what the fuck they are doing. 

Great

Ta.  Started life as a musician, learned to maintain and repair my own gear.  Then I discovered I could make as much money doing builds for other people and have a helluva lot more free time.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
My biggest project at the moment is the installation of a home elevator, but that's being discussed in a separate thread.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Making a stand/cabinet for my portable table saw. It's out of Baltic birch plywood. All I managed to do yesterday was get the sheets cut to size. I woke up this morning and my left foot is locked up. I guess I am not as cured from my surgery as I thought. It'll be foot rest city today. Before I had surgery I welded up a frame of square steel tube to support the fauncy table saw fence (Incra brand). Once I get this all together, cutting wood for projects will be much quicker and easier. I'll have a little more storage space, too! I also made a new fan shroud for the new larger diameter fan for my old truck. It's had problems running hot for as long as I've known it to exist. After the upgrades (included a high-flow thermostat) it only gets to 195º going up a steep hill at 70 MPH with the AC on, on a hot day. That's about the stress it will see when pulling the travel trailer at 55 MPH, which I intend to try next before I declare victory. I wouldn't try pulling the hills with the AC on, though. It's been OOC for so long my wife didn't remember that it had AC!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
My portable table saw is REALLY portable.

It has a 3hp Briggs on it.

We use it cleaning up tops of trees. It cuts the small stuff better than a chainsaw.
A small project I've worked on since Desert Shield. http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/
(August 15, 2019 at 9:18 am)onlinebiker Wrote: My portable table saw is REALLY portable.

We use it cleaning up tops of trees. It cuts the small stuff better than a chainsaw.

Mine is the portable job site saw from SawStop®. I couldn't fit a saw with an iron base cabinet in my "shop", which is a section of the garage that we've never parked cars in since we moved here. The cabinet I'm building is going to be on wheels so I can move it into position to cut wood. I only do precise cutting with it, and use circular saws and such on bigger stuff that I can't even bring in the garage to cut when it is full size. It sucks.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(August 15, 2019 at 12:15 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(August 15, 2019 at 9:18 am)onlinebiker Wrote: My portable table saw is REALLY portable.

Mine is the portable job site saw from SawStop®. I couldn't fit a saw with an iron base cabinet in my "shop", which is a section of the garage that we've never parked cars in since we moved here. The cabinet I'm building is going to be on wheels so I can move it into position to cut wood. I only do precise cutting with it, and use circular saws and such on bigger stuff that I can't even bring in the garage to cut when it is full size. It sucks.

However big you build your shop - it always needs t o b e bigger.....

My main shop is 30 x 50 ft.

It should have been 50 x 100...