Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superpowers
Superpowers
I now believe in superpowers.

My SO's cat has one.

I observed this tribble with legs doing what it does all day - sleeping in it's bed in the laundry room.

Me - 40 feet away - all the way across the kitchen and standing in the living room - with a running window mount AC unit running - about halfway between me and the cat.

I take the can opener - and begin opening a can of tuna - for my lunch.

The cat is up on it's feet and headed in my direction before I even get the top of the can off.

Superhearing.

Go figure.
RE: Superpowers
My dogs have that hearing for the fridge door and chip bags.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I had a puppy for a brief while. She could hear me rummaging through the dog bag in the kitchen, from outside the house.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

My wife seems to be able to see money in my wallet.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
One of my brothers used to raise guinea pigs.  It got so that you couldn't crinkle a bit of cellophane within 200 feet of the house without those furry little bastards whistling to be fed.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
My 27 pound tom cat has the power to turn into gas. I.e., he completely fills any space he's in.

[Image: O3aItSt.jpg]
(August 21, 2019 at 2:21 pm)wyzas Wrote: My wife seems to be able to see money in my wallet.

That's ALL women.

Fortunately it's  just YOUR wallet.

Tongue
(August 21, 2019 at 12:22 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: I now believe in superpowers.

My SO's cat has one.

I observed this tribble with legs doing what it does all day - sleeping in it's bed in the laundry room.

Me - 40 feet away - all the way across the kitchen and standing in the living room - with a running window mount AC unit running - about halfway between me and the cat.

I take the can opener - and begin opening a can of tuna - for my lunch.

The cat is up on it's feet and headed in my direction before I even get the top of the can off.

Superhearing.

Go figure.

My Corgi can tell, even from outside in the yard, when I open the cabinet door and pull out the popcorn popper Smile This might have something to do with training her with popcorn treats as a pup to sit quietly on the carpet just outside the kitchen while I'm prepping food.
Treats packages (or anything that sounds like treats packages) or chicken.

There can be no sign of a cat anywhere nearby but the moment you open one of the above, there’s at least one cat by your feet.

I swear the little bastards teleport in.

And I have no interest in other people’s money, you sexist bastards!

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 21, 2019 at 2:58 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Treats packages (or anything that sounds like treats packages) or chicken.

There can be no sign of a cat anywhere nearby but the moment you open one of the above, there’s at least one cat by your feet.

I swear the little bastards teleport in.

And I have no interest in other people’s money, you sexist bastards!

Tongue

Even if you did - it prolly wouldn't be worth getting up that early so as to get there while some was left...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scientology promises Superpowers purplepurpose 7 688 December 30, 2017 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  If you had superpowers Bad Wolf 78 7002 August 3, 2014 at 3:14 am
Last Post: Amalynne0