Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 5:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tattoos and mental illness
Tattoos and mental illness
https://psychcentral.com/news/2019/01/27...42332.html

While overall health seems unchanged due ink - this study shows a correlation with tattoos and mental health problems, likelyhood of incarceration and more sex partners than non-inked people.

I suppose the added sex partners could be looked at as a bonus - unless you're incarcerated - then not so much.
RE: Tattoos and mental illness
(September 2, 2019 at 8:23 am)onlinebiker Wrote: https://psychcentral.com/news/2019/01/27...42332.html

While overall health seems unchanged due ink - this study shows a correlation with tattoos and mental health problems, likelyhood of incarceration and more sex partners than non-inked people.

I suppose the added sex partners could be looked at as a bonus - unless you're incarcerated - then not so much.

Hard to disagree with.  I've been incarcerated, institutionalized, and I got laid a lot.  I have three tattoos.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
One tat, done at Pinky's, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, Jan. 13th, 1970. There were 24 more identical tats done that day.

[Image: NbKoRSk.jpg]
Don' cha love it when something works as advertised?

Cool
(September 2, 2019 at 8:23 am)onlinebiker Wrote: https://psychcentral.com/news/2019/01/27...42332.html

Oh FFS.

Never been incarcerated.  Been married and monogamous for 27 years and before that for 7 years.  Got my first tattoo about 30 years ago.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 2, 2019 at 9:27 am)arewethereyet Wrote:

Oh FFS.

Never been incarcerated.  Been married and monogamous for 27 years and before that for 7 years.  Got my first tattoo about 30 years ago.

I guess they can use you as the one end of the Bell curve.
Incarcerated, yes. Sex partners, yes. Tattoos, no. Crazy, yes. Another statistical outlier...though I have been monogamous for 38 years now.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
No tats.

Never been locked up.

Crazy? Suffer from depression.

Sexual partners? Average.
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 2, 2019 at 3:42 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Sexual partners?  Average.

You poor girl.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

She's talking about overall size.
She doesn't want to spend all night digging holes. :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vorlon's citation on mental health Starman 59 9296 February 24, 2018 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Facts about Darwin: psychological and mental illnesses king krish 48 7101 January 13, 2015 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Cyberman