Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power
Power
[Image: power.jpg]

I'll admit that I'm hard to please when it comes to television shows. I don't watch too many T.V. series; most of them are simply not all that interesting to me and I'd rather spend my time watching a good film if I'm going to sit down in front of the television.

Despite that, every once in a while a show comes around that completely breaks the mold, and Power is one of those series. It's a crime drama series following the character James St. Patrick, an upper level drug dealer in New York City who is trying to leave his life of crime behind to become a legitimate business owner. In my opinion it's one of the best shows on television right now and it's definitely worth checking out. While you might think, "another T.V. series about drug dealing and gangs so what?" - I'm telling you the Power is the most realistic crime drama I've ever watched. The politics of the underworld, the betrayals and the bonds, everything about it is completely on point. It's definitely still Hollywood-ized, but what show isn't?

It's on the STARZ network, so unfortunately if you don't have STARZ you can't watch it. That's the downside. The upside is that since it's not on cable T.V. they get away with a lot more, and I think this adds to the story.

If you're into any kind of realistic crime drama type shows, definitely check out Power.

At this point, I'd put it up there with Breaking Bad or The Sopranos. It's fucking sick.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
RE: Power
Thanks for the recommendation. I like crime dramas, but I have only basic cable. I'll be sure to check out the first season on DVD, however.  Great
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
RE: Power
(September 22, 2019 at 9:22 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: Thanks for the recommendation. I like crime dramas, but I have only basic cable. I'll be sure to check out the first season on DVD, however.  Great

I just put my CC info in to get the free trial and then I'm going to cancel it. I have no other reason to stream STARZ. I don't even know of any other shows on that network LOL
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Power of Music Red Celt 16 4751 September 18, 2012 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: jonb
  Pure Bitch Power Edwardo Piet 0 1495 March 9, 2012 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Power through Certainty - How I came to know HIM 8BitAtheist 8 2881 February 20, 2011 at 12:41 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Pure Bitch Power Edwardo Piet 0 1139 May 3, 2010 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet