Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just for the Hell of it!
Just for the Hell of it!
Just for the hell of it I recently became an ordained minister in the Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster. For at least 10 years  I have been an ordained minister in The Church of the Latter Day Dude. I don't know what I can do with the special powers granted to me but officiating at a spontaneous burial at sea or a beer stoked marriage ceremony in a strip joint might be options. Ramen and Abide Ya'all!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Just for the Hell of it!
I'll be happy with a good pesto.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 28, 2019 at 8:47 pm)wyzas Wrote: I'll be happy with a good pesto.

I love pesto!

(September 28, 2019 at 8:36 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Just for the hell of it I recently became an ordained minister in the Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster. For at least 10 years  I have been an ordained minister in The Church of the Latter Day Dude. I don't know what I can do with the special powers granted to me but officiating at a spontaneous burial at sea or a beer stoked marriage ceremony in a strip joint might be options. Ramen and Abide Ya'all!

I did the same thing when I became a ULC minister. That was in 2007. I have done bugger all with it except tell a lesbian I was into that if she ever found Ms. Right and married her in Illinois, I could perform the ceremony, which she rejected, since she expected to marry in her home state of Michigan. That and list it as my religious views here and have to explain what it was a couple times, and give myself the ironic nickname "Rev" for use here.

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(September 28, 2019 at 8:58 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(September 28, 2019 at 8:36 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Just for the hell of it I recently became an ordained minister in the Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster. For at least 10 years  I have been an ordained minister in The Church of the Latter Day Dude. I don't know what I can do with the special powers granted to me but officiating at a spontaneous burial at sea or a beer stoked marriage ceremony in a strip joint might be options. Ramen and Abide Ya'all!

I did the same thing when I became a ULC minister. That was in 2007. I have done bugger all with it except tell a lesbian I was into that if she ever found Ms. Right and married her in Illinois, I could perform the ceremony, which she rejected, since she expected to marry in her home state of Michigan. That and list it as my religious views here and have to explain what it was a couple times, and give myself the ironic nickname "Rev" for use here.

Back in the late 70's a friend and his Mother (ULC Ministers) were trying to get their home tax certified as a church. A regular gathering of congregants was required for this. (My friend and I were teenagers). We decided to ceremoniously sacrifice a virgin the to The Vampire Lestat. After many bottles of rum, we decided we could not do that to his little sister. So, we (Mum driving) went on a road trip in his Mum"s Camaro and stole 6 highway barricades with blinking orange lights and a 7 ft plywood angel fish off the side of an Aquarium store. Those items decorated the church space for months until the batteries wore out in the barricades. We held mini-funerals for the barricades as each one died. Sounds silly but they were able to get a special IRS standing and I got to hang out with a demented Mom!

Yeah, trying to use your ULC ordination to get tax exemption is frowned upon by the ULC, in no small part because it doesn't fucking work.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(September 28, 2019 at 9:20 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Yeah, trying to use your ULC ordination to get tax exemption is frowned upon by the ULC, in no small part because it doesn't fucking work.

Maybe they just got away with it. I don't know.

Funny you should mention Hell, HERETIC!
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 29, 2019 at 6:12 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Funny you should mention Hell, HERETIC!

I also capitalized Hell!

(September 29, 2019 at 6:51 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(September 29, 2019 at 6:12 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Funny you should mention Hell, HERETIC!

I also capitalized Hell!

That’s only fair.

The Christians have been capitalising on the myth for millennia...
Dying to live, living to die.