Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 5:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kiss Your Ass Goodby.
Kiss Your Ass Goodby.
You have probably all heard about a scenario where the government knows that doom is imminent, but says nothing to avert panic and maintain social order.  Well that is happening right now.  With human caused global warming.  And the government won't do a damn thing about it because it is "economically incorrect."  From time to time they will talk about on TV what the earth will be like in the year 2100.  But what they don't talk about (for the most part) is that it is highly unlikely any humans will be around to see that date.  Because almost certainly, human caused global warming is going to have an exponential effect. Which means that the hotter things get, the faster they will get even hotter.

I remember reading something once about what would happen if you had algae growing in some lake.  And the algae doubled in number every day.  In about 20 days, algae would cover half the lake.  The very next day, it would cover the entire lake.  And that is with just a doubling in number.  You could imagine what an exponential effect would have.

Recently I heard that the oceans were 60% warmer than what scientists had predicted they would be.  (At least any scientists the media cared to talk about)  On another program they were talking about some particular glacier.  They said it was melting 10 times faster than what they had predicted it would be.  It is that exponential thing.  In another 10 or 20 years, you can expect the ocean to again be warmer than what it had been predicted to be or the glaciers melting faster than what they had been predicted to be melting.  Except it will be more than 60% warmer or 10 times faster.

Every year, all the volcanoes on earth release around 200 million tons of CO2 into the biosphere.  Each year the activities of humans are responsible for the release of around 32 BILLION tons!  As if that wasn't bad enough, there is a wild card in all this.  Methane.  Methane is 86 times more potent of a greenhouse gas than CO2.   Over about the past 40 million years the earth has generally been getting cooler.  When that happens, methane and methane hydrate ice can more easily build up.  But with our quickly warming climate, it will get released quicker.  Which spells DOOM.  

But don't expect the governments or people who created the problem to come up with the solution to the problem.  Things just don't work that way.  Like it or not, there is only one solution that will work.  My avatar shows a picture of it.  I will give you something to read about CO2 and a couple of pictures.  One picture is of a graph showing the increase of methane, the other of a picture of methane bubbles rising from the seal floor.

[Image: QwKahDL.jpg]
[Image: skm5Ys2.jpg]

[Image: LF56LYj.jpg]
RE: Kiss Your Ass Goodby.
Well, at least you're actually SAYING something about the shit you're talking about, which is a step up from your earlier post. And the sad thing is I'm honestly inclined to agree that a massive population bottleneck may be the only thing that could curb it, and it's probably just going to postpone the inevitable.

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I’ve thought about the exponential growth of global warming and I agree with the OP. I don’t know if there’s a conspiracy to cover it up but I think it’s going to snowball faster than even the most catastrophic projections. It’s not lost on me that I’m definitely less likely to know than the climate scientists who are projecting the numbers, obviously, but when I think about how the heat should compound like interest once it’s contained in the atmosphere... if Vegas was taking bets I’d put money on it thinking I’ve outsmarted the house.
(November 16, 2019 at 10:09 pm)CarveTheFive Wrote: I’ve thought about the exponential growth of global warming and I agree with the OP. I don’t know if there’s a conspiracy to cover it up but I think it’s going to snowball faster than even the most catastrophic projections. It’s not lost on me that I’m definitely less likely to know than the climate scientists who are projecting the numbers, obviously, but when I think about how the heat should compound like interest once it’s contained in the atmosphere... if Vegas was taking bets I’d put money on it thinking I’ve outsmarted the house.

Maybe there is, but at this point, it's just this sort of denialist horseshit that doesn't fool anyone:

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
@redpill What makes you think that prediction of human extinction is some kind of revelation to us?

Did you really think that humans would be immune?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 16, 2019 at 10:24 pm)brewer Wrote: @redpill What makes you think that prediction of human extinction is some kind of revelation to us?

Did you really think that humans would be immune?

Climate change is not being reported as an immediate existential threat though
very scurry

12/10 scary skellytons
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(November 16, 2019 at 10:38 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: very scurry

12/10 scary skellytons

The global weather patterns over the last two years are scary af if you ask me.
(November 16, 2019 at 10:43 pm)CarveTheFive Wrote:
(November 16, 2019 at 10:38 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: very scurry

12/10 scary skellytons

The global weather patterns over the last two years are scary af if you ask me.

Sure but framed with enormous photos and scare font it undermines any point he could make.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Well the exponential growth concern resonates with me. He hasn’t gotten off to a very good start as a poster but...

Well if there’s evidence that green house gases will escape the earth’s environment too quickly for the heat to compound like he’s describing I’d like to see it

it’s probably out there but like I’ve said I’ve had that same concern and haven’t seen it addressed so there it is in my head

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Archaeology Sticks It Up The Bible's Ass Again Minimalist 41 15081 October 3, 2012 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Minimalist