Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’m to see a Christian Therapist
I’m to see a Christian Therapist
I went to the doctor for some mental health issue and she wants me to go to a certain therapist and on the therapist’s website it says “faith: Christian” and elsewhere among tons of other shit is says “spiritual therapy”.

It’s a busy page and these are just a small part of it not the central big headline or anything but wtf... and I’m just going to be rude about it here

How the fuck can I trust someone with my mental health who calls on the supernatural

It’s so frustrating. Another thing they gave me was a flyer that says “Yoga for ADHD”

It’s weird ass Christian fuckheads to the right and hippy dippy woo pedlers to the left.

How about using fucking science please?

I hate living in Jesusland
RE: I’m to see a Christian Therapist
If you explain your reticence to turn your mental health issues over to a practitioner of woo, maybe your doctor could recommend someone else.

science (n): like magic, but real.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 20, 2019 at 3:12 pm)CarveTheFive Wrote: I went to the doctor for some mental health issue and she wants me to go to a certain therapist and on the therapist’s website it says “faith: Christian” and elsewhere among tons of other shit is says “spiritual therapy”.

It’s a busy page and these are just a small part of it not the central big headline or anything but wtf... and I’m just going to be rude about it here

How the fuck can I trust someone with my mental health who calls on the supernatural

It’s so frustrating. Another thing they gave me was a flyer that says “Yoga for ADHD”

It’s weird ass Christian fuckheads to the right and hippy dippy woo pedlers to the left.

How about using fucking science please?

I hate living in Jesusland

Tell your doctor you want a regime with some chànce of working. After all, you're paying them good money.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
I hear they're doing interestin stuff with psylicybin mushrooms these days....

That's gotta be more effective than Jebus therapy.

Mushrooms are real.
Yeah

I want something a little more established

I’ve taken shrooms - maybe there is something to microdosing but I think it’s way too early to say
I had a similar problem when I sought help following a breakdown and the "therapist" I found said she "believes in something" ie a higher power. I walked. Stupid twunt.

Unless she was talking about the law, that is...but she wasn't, I'm sure.
Get thee behind me.

[Image: giphy.gif]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
THAT might actually be quite effective for some methinks, the trouble is you'd have to BELIEVE! and sensible folk don't.
The VA asked me to check into a woo clinic they had set up, acupuncture, chiroquackters, similar shit. I laughed at them. Subject didn't come up again.
(December 20, 2019 at 6:24 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The VA asked me to check into a woo clinic they had set up, acupuncture, chiroquackters, similar shit. I laughed at them. Subject didn't come up again.

It’s excruciating to think with how limited our (assuming American) available resources are for healthcare and they use it on shit that couldn’t stand any scientific scrutiny. People need help and they’re fucking around with the equivalent of ouiji boards and candles. And getting paid for it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you see yourself in a nursing home some day? Foxaèr 20 601 March 11, 2024 at 10:42 am
Last Post: brewer