Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of JW's and cab drivers.
Of JW's and cab drivers.
So just now I call my regular cab driver to take me to the store, and she knows I am an atheist, not that she is. Buts procedes to tell me one of her calls were JWs who pestered her with the word of Jebus. I told her what I tell anyone. I cant stop anyone from selling bad logic, and I will always be for human rights. But damn it, I don't care if you are selling magazines, candy bars, girl scouts, encyclopedias, vacuum cleaners or Jesus, Alah, Yahweh or Vishnu, DON'T BOTHER ME AT MY DOOR!

Even theists get annoyed  by invasion of personal space. So hate of invasive advertisement isn't an evil atheist plot.
RE: Of JW's and cab drivers.
If someone came to my door and was selling Girl Scouts, I would stab them in their fucking eyes, and set those young girls free!
(January 25, 2020 at 11:36 am)Brian37 Wrote: So just now I call my regular cab driver to take me to the store, and she knows I am an atheist, not that she is. Buts procedes to tell me one of her calls were JWs who pestered her with the word of Jebus. I told her what I tell anyone. I cant stop anyone from selling bad logic, and I will always be for human rights. But damn it, I don't care if you are selling magazines, candy bars, girl scouts, encyclopedias, vacuum cleaners or Jesus, Alah, Yahweh or Vishnu, DON'T BOTHER ME AT MY DOOR!

Even theists get annoyed  by invasion of personal space. So hate of invasive advertisement isn't an evil atheist plot.

Does a taxi count as ‘personal space’?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 25, 2020 at 11:58 am)no one Wrote: If someone came to my door and was selling Girl Scouts, I would stab them in their fucking eyes, and set those young girls free!

Hey, they're free range Girl Scouts.

(January 25, 2020 at 12:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 25, 2020 at 11:36 am)Brian37 Wrote: So just now I call my regular cab driver to take me to the store, and she knows I am an atheist, not that she is. Buts procedes to tell me one of her calls were JWs who pestered her with the word of Jebus. I told her what I tell anyone. I cant stop anyone from selling bad logic, and I will always be for human rights. But damn it, I don't care if you are selling magazines, candy bars, girl scouts, encyclopedias, vacuum cleaners or Jesus, Alah, Yahweh or Vishnu, DON'T BOTHER ME AT MY DOOR!

Does a taxi count as ‘personal space’?

Boru

Evidently it's a captive audience space
(January 25, 2020 at 11:58 am)no one Wrote: If someone came to my door and was selling Girl Scouts, I would stab them in their fucking eyes, and set those young girls free!

I wouldn't stab girl scouts but it would still be annoying, I can by cookies at the grocery stores too.
(January 25, 2020 at 12:42 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

(January 25, 2020 at 12:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Does a taxi count as ‘personal space’?

Boru

But wouldn’t it also count as a business space?  I’m not really sure that what happened with your cabbie is really the same as someone knocking on your door.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 25, 2020 at 12:42 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

(January 25, 2020 at 12:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Does a taxi count as ‘personal space’?

Boru

Ebstein's "Girl Scouts" are caged, not free range.
(January 25, 2020 at 12:47 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

I wouldn't stab girl scouts but it would still be annoying, I can by cookies at the grocery stores too.

Who said anything about cookies?  You didn't.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(January 25, 2020 at 12:54 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(January 25, 2020 at 12:47 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I wouldn't stab girl scouts but it would still be annoying, I can by cookies at the grocery stores too.

Who said anything about cookies?  You didn't.

I didn't bring up free range either. 

My only point, regardless of religion, politics, or door to door product, DON'T knock on my front door. I get enough ads on my computer, on my TV and in my mailbox on the side of my street. Leave my door alone.  Charity, politics, vacuums, if I want something, I can find it, leave my door alone.
(January 25, 2020 at 1:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 25, 2020 at 12:54 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Who said anything about cookies?  You didn't.

I didn't bring up free range either. 

My only point, regardless of religion, politics, or door to door product, DON'T knock on my front door. I get enough ads on my computer, on my TV and in my mailbox on the side of my street. Leave my door alone.  Charity, politics, vacuums, if I want something, I can find it, leave my door alone.

No, but you brought up people selling Girl Scouts.  Are you advocating child slavery?

Quote: I don't care if you are selling magazines, candy bars, girl scouts, encyclopedias, vacuum cleaners or Jesus, Alah, Yahweh or Vishnu, DON'T BOTHER ME AT MY DOOR!

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant: Shitty fucking dangerous drivers Jackalope 21 10446 May 6, 2013 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: pocaracas