Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar System simulation: my latest web app.
Solar System simulation: my latest web app.
This is my latest web app, it provides a bird eye's view of our Solar System with plotting of: Mercury-Venus-Earth-Mars along with the orbit of each around the Sun:

http://www.bytsnbytes.com/spacewatch/ss%20orbits

Note: this simulation doesn't work on mobile browsers; it works only on laptops and PCs.
---------

Share this page if you like it Smile
RE: Solar System simulation: my latest web app.
It may be a problem on my end, but is this supposed to do something?  All I'm getting is a list of planets and their orbit colours.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 7, 2020 at 6:45 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It may be a problem on my end, but is this supposed to do something?  All I'm getting is a list of planets and their orbit colours.

Boru

The page must fully loads.
The orbits show in a black box under the planet list.

[Image: Screenshot-from-2020-02-07-14-27-27.png]
free online photo gallery
(February 7, 2020 at 7:25 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(February 7, 2020 at 6:45 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It may be a problem on my end, but is this supposed to do something?  All I'm getting is a list of planets and their orbit colours.

Boru

The page must fully loads.
The orbits show in a black box under the planet list.

[Image: Screenshot-from-2020-02-07-14-27-27.png]
free online photo gallery

Ok, it’s working. Meh.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
How detailed is your modeling of the orbital mechanics.
(February 7, 2020 at 11:36 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Ok, it’s working. Meh.

Boru

Very...very encouraging..*muffled cough*

(February 7, 2020 at 12:16 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: How detailed is your modeling of the orbital mechanics.

Very detailed and accurate.
The source code for this uses data provided by NASA and scientific laws implemented via a programming language, the scientific part is opensource and was only modeling Venus + Earth; I added Mercury+ Mars + orbit colors, and did the technical part to make it work on a web browser -the original is only for pc-.
(February 7, 2020 at 12:16 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: How detailed is your modeling of the orbital mechanics.

It isn’t.

Boru
(February 7, 2020 at 12:29 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(February 7, 2020 at 11:36 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Ok, it’s working. Meh.

Boru

Very...very encouraging..*muffled cough*

It wasn’t meant to be encouraging. All you’ve got is differently coloured rings. The orbits are circular, the perspective is all wrong. It doesn’t have any real educational value.  If you hadn’t told us what it was supposed to be, we wouldn’t know.

Kinda pretty, though.

Boru
(February 7, 2020 at 1:16 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(February 7, 2020 at 12:29 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: Very...very encouraging..*muffled cough*

It wasn’t meant to be encouraging. All you’ve got is differently coloured rings. The orbits are circular, the perspective is all wrong. It doesn’t have any real educational value.  If you hadn’t told us what it was supposed to be, we wouldn’t know.

Kinda pretty, though.

Boru

Quote:References

http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/N-body_simulationsThis survey, by Dr. Michele Trenti and Dr. Piet Hut, describes how the serious scientific N-body simulators work, using trees to approximate the attraction at great distances. Such programs are able to run in O(N log(N)) time.

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/horizons.cgiNASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory provides a system called HORIZONS that returns accurate positions and velocities for objects within the solar system. In the example code, the values used are only rough approximations; the orbital distances and planet velocities are set to the mean distances and their relative positions don’t correspond to any actual point in time – but they produce reasonable output.

Github source:

https://github.com/akuchling/50-examples...ravity.rst

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Web SimpleCaveman 24 941 January 9, 2024 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Simulation Theory Foxaèr 12 981 October 3, 2021 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  [Serious] Coronavirus plotting on a web map WinterHold 6 1045 May 26, 2021 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  bots and the change of the web. WinterHold 29 2422 June 20, 2020 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  How to make a "span" across the diagonal of a web-page? FlatAssembler 6 970 May 26, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Serious] Multiple Sclerosis Map: my latest web project WinterHold 22 2956 October 4, 2019 at 10:02 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  2 questions;font size and system response times fredd bear 13 1363 March 4, 2019 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  TempleOS: a Christian Operating System Rev. Rye 5 1297 December 23, 2018 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Is front-end web development dying? WinterHold 18 1506 September 10, 2018 at 12:28 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Welcome to McAfee Web Advisor popups... Rev. Rye 5 3044 June 4, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Jackalope