Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Multiple Sclerosis Map: my latest web project
Multiple Sclerosis Map: my latest web project
Hello,

I have finished this project and posted it on my personal site:

http://www.bytsnbytes.com/ms_oracle/ms_oracle_map

It describes the numbers of M.S patients across the world. You can press on any country you want to get the numbers specific to that place.

Also the map calculates the total number of patients across the world, the highest prevalence and the highest number of cases.

Please share it, and tell me what you think.

-Mohammed
RE: Multiple Sclerosis Map: my latest web project
(September 21, 2019 at 1:38 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Hello,

It describes the numbers of M.S patients across the world. You can press on any country you want to get the numbers specific to that place.

Also the map calculates the total number of patients across the world, the highest prevalence and the highest number of cases.

-Mohammed

What am I supposed to do with this information?  Is there a way it is going to help people with MS?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Germany has more MS patients than China while China has x16 total population? Huh
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(September 21, 2019 at 7:55 am)Deesse23 Wrote: Germany has more MS patients than China while China has x16 total population? Huh

I wouldn't be too trusting that China is accurately reporting their numbers.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 21, 2019 at 7:36 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 21, 2019 at 1:38 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Hello,

-Mohammed

What am I supposed to do with this information?  Is there a way it is going to help people with MS?

Boru

Spreading awareness about the disease; it gives the reader a glimpse into the epidemic.
You can say that knowing more about the disease helps to fight it
(September 21, 2019 at 3:49 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(September 21, 2019 at 7:36 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: What am I supposed to do with this information?  Is there a way it is going to help people with MS?

Boru

Spreading awareness about the disease; it gives the reader a glimpse into the epidemic.

But how does your map help do that?  I mean, a Wikipedia article tells me about MS - what does your map do to help?

Boru
(September 21, 2019 at 4:11 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 21, 2019 at 3:49 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: Spreading awareness about the disease; it gives the reader a glimpse into the epidemic.

But how does your map help do that?  I mean, a Wikipedia article tells me about MS - what does your map do to help?

Boru

We're talking about it and raising awareness right now, in this thread.
It's interesting that the further you are from the equator the higher the incidence rate. And that northern european genetics seem to play a role.

https://www.healthline.com/health/multip...ographic#3
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 21, 2019 at 4:15 pm)Jackalope Wrote:
(September 21, 2019 at 4:11 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: But how does your map help do that?  I mean, a Wikipedia article tells me about MS - what does your map do to help?

Boru

We're talking about it and raising awareness right now, in this thread.

It isn't as if MS is a mysterious disease.  I still don't see how a map telling me 'There are x MS patients in Nigeria' is going to help people with MS.

To be clear, I'm not bagging on MS patients, I'm bagging on a map that contains zero information that I can't get elsewhere.

Boru
I dunno, it just seems poor form to critique an MS patient's efforts at outreach. If it makes him feel better, it's helped at one MS patient. What possible harm is there in that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Web SimpleCaveman 24 936 January 9, 2024 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] Coronavirus plotting on a web map WinterHold 6 1045 May 26, 2021 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  bots and the change of the web. WinterHold 29 2421 June 20, 2020 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  How to make a "span" across the diagonal of a web-page? FlatAssembler 6 970 May 26, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Can an 32-bit OS run on multiple 64-bit CPU cores? FlatAssembler 19 2436 March 5, 2020 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Solar System simulation: my latest web app. WinterHold 8 1008 February 7, 2020 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Is front-end web development dying? WinterHold 18 1505 September 10, 2018 at 12:28 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Welcome to McAfee Web Advisor popups... Rev. Rye 5 3043 June 4, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Help With Electric Project for Alzhimerz Jenny A 49 4294 March 15, 2017 at 8:41 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Question for Those of You Wwho Use Mobile Web Devices (iPhones, Smart Phones, etc.) Rhondazvous 26 4287 July 24, 2015 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: IATIA