Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 11:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lion's mane mushroom as a supplement to benefit people with MS
Lion's mane mushroom as a supplement to benefit people with MS
Lion's Mane is a type of mushroom said to be very beneficial to one's brain:

Quote:Hericium erinaceus (also called lion's mane mushroom, monkey head mushroom,[1] bearded tooth mushroom, satyr's beard, bearded hedgehog mushroom, pom pom mushroom, or bearded tooth fungus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hericium_erinaceus

also

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingred...-erinaceus

Quote:As food, the fruiting body of Hericium erinaceus is consumed in Chinese and Japanese dishes.
How does it work?
Hericium erinaceus may improve the development and function of nerves. It might also protect nerves from becoming damaged. This might help prevent conditions such as anxiety, memory loss, Alzheimer disease, or Parkinson disease. Hericium erinaceus also seems to help protect the mucous membrane layer of the stomach. This might help improve symptoms related to long-term swelling of the stomach lining (gastritis) or stomach ulcers.
I want to know if anybody with "Multiple Sclerosis" consumed Lion's mane pills; if anybody knows this to be a scam they are more than welcomed to share their opinions.
RE: Lion's mane mushroom as a supplement to benefit people with MS
Most dietary supplements promoted to cure disease are scams, either useless or dangerous. Given all the conditions this stuff is supposed to help, it’s unlikely to help any of them. Like as not, you’d be taking sugar pills.

Please be careful. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
But! It worked for my cousin's 2nd wife's third niece!
Was her name 'Placebee'?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 12, 2020 at 7:51 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Was her name 'Placebee'?

Boru

Just called her "Cousin Preggers". She used homeopathic birth control.
It's an easy mushroom to produce on racks.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 12, 2020 at 9:17 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: It's an easy mushroom to produce on racks.

Given recent analyses of various supplements, I'd be surprised if the pills contained any mushrooms at all.

Boru
Nutraceuticals are a great way to make an easy crop more profitable. That's the illness that a mushroom pill cures. The mushroom farmer being broke.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I think your referring to nerve growth factor (NGF) activity/function. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hericenone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erinacine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerve_growth_factor
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
If anyone can confirm that the claims about it are credible and that's it's safe, I'd be happy to recommend it to my SO. She has MS and is a fan of supplements.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there any benefit to raw milk vs pasteurized milk? TaraJo 61 10162 February 19, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: James2014