Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI discovers new antibiotic(s)
AI discovers new antibiotic(s)
"A pioneering machine-learning approach has identified powerful new types of antibiotic from a pool of more than 100 million molecules — including one that works against a wide range of bacteria, including tuberculosis and strains considered untreatable."

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00018-3
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: AI discovers new antibiotic(s)
Very cool indeed!!!
Our AI overlords want us humans to be healthy! A sick slave is not very productive!

[Image: 3roqcg.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Such a brave, new world we are entering into. Some of the most celebrated predictions of sci-fi are coming true. But what when we are dependent on AI to save us from our poor decisions?

Scientists have long-warned of antibiotic-resistant germs if we keep up with our current practices. Now we have an out in the form of AI. Is that really something to celebrate? Maybe in the short-term. But in the long-term, this may be another way in which we welcome our machine overlords.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New antibiotic discovery zebo-the-fat 2 770 January 8, 2015 at 1:03 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  NASA Discovers bacteria which uses Arsenic lilyannerose 16 4310 December 7, 2010 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Demonaura