Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warnings and instructions.
Warnings and instructions.
I ordered some cloths and a solution for cleaning my glasses.  I opened the package today to find directions on how to use the spray bottle of cleaner and the cloths.  There were a few steps on how to clean the cloths themselves with one of the steps advising that it's best to clean them especially if they are dirty.

Thanks for that.  

Reminded me of the glass ornament I got a few years ago that had an official warning from the state of California that said if the ornament was ingested it could cause cancer.

It's so nice there are people looking out for us.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

RE: Warnings and instructions.
I once bought some dry-mix tile cement with the warning, ‘Not To Be Take Internally’, which leads to the inescapable conclusion that at least one lackwit in the world has eaten tile cement.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'm the kid who played astronaut with the plastic bag from the laundromat.  Breathe came right back.  A tiny blotch in the hippocampus.  No reason to overreact.
(March 17, 2020 at 8:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I once bought some dry-mix tile cement with the warning, ‘Not To Be Take Internally’, which leads to the inescapable conclusion that at least one lackwit in the world has eaten tile cement.

Boru

This is the fascinating thing about bizarre warnings. The warnings imply that someone, somewhere, sometime  has actually done whatever daft thing.
[Image: 3t14wq.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 17, 2020 at 8:51 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I ordered some cloths and a solution for cleaning my glasses.  I opened the package today to find directions on how to use the spray bottle of cleaner and the cloths.  There were a few steps on how to clean the cloths themselves with one of the steps advising that it's best to clean them especially if they are dirty.

Thanks for that.  

Reminded me of the glass ornament I got a few years ago that had an official warning from the state of California that said if the ornament was ingested it could cause cancer.

It's so nice there are people looking out for us.

Is there ANYTHING that the state of California doesn't say could cause cancer?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Kale prophylactics.
(March 18, 2020 at 12:04 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(March 17, 2020 at 8:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I once bought some dry-mix tile cement with the warning, ‘Not To Be Take Internally’, which leads to the inescapable conclusion that at least one lackwit in the world has eaten tile cement.

Boru

This is the fascinating thing about bizarre warnings. The warnings imply that someone, somewhere, sometime  has actually done whatever daft thing.

And sued a manufacturer for failing to tell them it was NOT safe to ingest tile cement.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Bought some bottle of soda in Sicily one time. The cap had a note in Italian that read "Open here". (I had to ask, my Italian wasn't all that good at the time.)
I once bought a tin of Argentine corned beef (it was awful, btw) and the label read 'Contents are inside can'.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Requesting Resources and Instructions lpmalakye 19 2021 September 8, 2016 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Losty
  Sexist washing instructions Doubting Thomas 23 6668 March 6, 2012 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Shell B