Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before "Don't mess with the hair".
Before "Don't mess with the hair".
More useless trivia from a guy older than dirt.

Which Pulp Fiction actor stared on a 70s sitcom about a learning disability class lead by a teacher with a cornball sense of humor? What was the character's name, and who was the actor? What sitcom did he star in, prior to becoming an international star? 

What was this character's famous repetitive catch phrase?

Who was the character who always raised his hand and spazzed out when he was enthusiastic about wanting to answer?
RE: Before "Don't mess with the hair".
"Welcome Back, Kotter" class didn't have learning disabilities, they were just stupid.
Vinnie Barbarino

John Travolta 

‘Welcome Back, Kotter’

‘Up your nose with a rubber hose’

Arnold Horshack

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 8, 2020 at 11:26 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Vinnie Barbarino

John Travolta 

‘Welcome Back, Kotter’

Arnold Horshack

Boru

Misspent youth eh?
(April 8, 2020 at 11:28 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(April 8, 2020 at 11:26 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Vinnie Barbarino

John Travolta 

‘Welcome Back, Kotter’

Arnold Horshack

Boru

Misspent youth eh?

Nope, just a combination of Google and knowing how Brian thinks.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 8, 2020 at 10:59 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: "Welcome Back, Kotter" class didn't have learning disabilities, they were just stupid.

The show never used those terms, but in reality, classes that addressed students who had learning problems did exist back then. 

And I can tell you from personal experience, I was put in classes by my public school teachers that knew I had problems learning, and I did. I am not stupid, but I DID have a learning disability. "Sweathogs" was a name to denote that class had special needs, that regular classes didn't have. 

I wasn't stupid. I was Arnold yes. But I look back at why I didn't absorb information and the truth was, most of that was performance anxiety. 

i don't learn like others. I never responded well to "listen" "repeat" and "sink or swim". 

I always retained information better when I could stop the teacher and ask questions and get them to put it in words I could relate to. America's school system isn't based on that. It is simply based on playing a tape and expecting the students to repeat what they see. That is not education.

'
Here’s one for Brian.

What semi-regular cast member of ‘The Addams Family’ also made guest appearances on

-Gilligan’s Island

-I Dream Of Jeannie

-The Wild, Wild West

-The Beverly Hillbillies

-Adam-12

-My Favorite Martian

among others. 

Hint: died at the age of 18.

Boru
(April 8, 2020 at 11:45 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Here’s one for Brian.

What semi-regular cast member of ‘The Addams Family’ also made guest appearances on

-Gilligan’s Island

-I Dream Of Jeannie

-The Wild, Wild West

-The Beverly Hillbillies

-Adam-12

-My Favorite Martian

among others. 

Boru

Now you pissed me off, I'll take your bait. You mentioned Adam-12, one of my favorite shows as a kid.

NOBODY is allowed to respond until I give Boru a wrong answer and make a fool of myself.
(April 8, 2020 at 11:54 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 8, 2020 at 11:45 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Here’s one for Brian.

-Gilligan’s Island

-I Dream Of Jeannie

-The Wild, Wild West

-The Beverly Hillbillies

-Adam-12

-My Favorite Martian

among others. 

Boru

Now you pissed me off, I'll take your bait. You mentioned Adam-12, one of my favorite shows as a kid.

NOBODY is allowed to respond until I give Boru a wrong answer and make a fool of myself.

If it helps, ‘I don’t know’ is an acceptable answer. Wrong, but acceptable.

Boru
Cant be "Eddie Munster" he was young on "Adam's family" and a marquee character.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Before and After Pics ignoramus 10 1711 July 12, 2018 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Surely this has been posted before but this time its for Frankie and Bella. Triggers! Whateverist 12 2566 February 9, 2017 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Secret Photos unveil Where Donald Trump Grows His Hair zebo-the-fat 1 963 June 27, 2016 at 4:22 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah