Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOAT, Jeopardy Version.....
GOAT, Jeopardy Version.....
Ok so tonight I was watching a Jeopardy competition between the best three of all time or GOAT, for those who know what "GOAT" means.

Of course most viewers, like me, feel as tiny as  pea by the end of it. 

BUT TONIGHT, this pea brain, me got at least two questions right.

One was about a memoir called "Pretty Baby" in which the answer was "Deborah Harry" (Blondie)

AND

A science question about the 4 letters that represent the amino acids that make up DNA, "AGTC"".

Rest assured though, I got 99% of the rest of the questions WRONG.

(May 8, 2020 at 8:03 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Ok so tonight I was watching a Jeopardy competition between the best three of all time or GOAT, for those who know what "GOAT" means.

Of course most viewers, like me, feel as tiny as  pea by the end of it. 

BUT TONIGHT, this pea brain, me got at least two questions right.

One was about a memoir called "Pretty Baby" in which the answer was "Deborah Harry" (Blondie)

AND

A science question about the 4 letters that represent the amino acids that make up DNA, "AGTC"".

Rest assured though, I got 99% of the rest of the questions WRONG.

But it was nice to see part of my childhood was represented by this in my old age.

RE: GOAT, Jeopardy Version.....
I thought Harry’s memoir was called ‘Face It’. No?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 8, 2020 at 9:00 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I thought Harry’s memoir was called ‘Face It’. No?

Boru

The ultimate question involved the hint of "Pretty Baby" which lead one of the contestants to answer "Deborah Harry."

Mind you I was watching this real time, and as fast paced as that game is, you can get the answer correct but not formulate the exact words after the fact. The correct answer was about who wrote it, not the title. So in retrospect "Pretty Baby" the song, was the inspiration to her biography.
Jennings was given a softball final jeopardy
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(May 8, 2020 at 9:14 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Jennings was given a softball final jeopardy

Would you prefer 3 Trumps?
Hey Brain, can those of us who held gainful employment at one time help you fluff your resume so that you can acquire gainful employment? Seriously.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 8, 2020 at 9:25 pm)Fireball Wrote: Hey Brain, can those of us who held gainful employment at one time help you fluff your resume so that you can acquire gainful employment? Seriously.

Why would I work if I don't need to? I am not a billionaire, but for right now, with what my late mother left me, I don't have to work. Would you work if you didn't have to? And please don't assume because of my current position, that I haven't had shit jobs in the past. I have worked for 7-11. Papa Johns, scrubbed all sorts of toilets too. 

Ever washed dishes for a breakfast place on easter Sunday? I have. For 7 years, and that is just ONE shit job.

And by "shit job" I don't mean unworthy, but just in that the pace can be grueling and you don't get paid what you are worth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jeopardy guest hosts so far. Brian37 11 620 April 24, 2021 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Steven Wilson Cover Version Edwardo Piet 4 1183 October 26, 2015 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet