Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That's breakfast
Thumbs Up 
That's breakfast
My SO is kind of set in her ways about breakfast.

To her some stuff is breakfast. Bacon, eggs, toast, sausage, hash browns or cereal.

Me - whatever the fuck is on a plate.

I'm having leftover venison spaghetti and coffee this morning.

Is that weird?
RE: That's breakfast
That you eat it,........... no. That you post about it,............YES.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I used to be a cold pizza kinda breakfast person. If I was hungry I would eat whatever was around.

Now I tend to be more the bacon and eggs type for breakfast though I am happy to eat typically breakfast foods any time of the day.

For me it's not weird to have bacon, eggs, grits, and biscuits for supper but I probably wouldn't be having last night's spaghetti for breakfast.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Breakfast for me is generally a cuppa and a slice of whatever cake we have on hand, but if I feel like doing the work, a fry up is always an option. Herself is more the hot cereal type.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I had a friend who got fed up with cooking so she ate breakfast cereal for every meal. I didn't ask if she thought that pouring milk was too much effort I assumed she would add milk.
(June 17, 2020 at 12:23 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I used to be a cold pizza kinda breakfast person.  If I was hungry I would eat whatever was around.

Now I tend to be more the bacon and eggs type for breakfast though I am happy to eat typically breakfast foods any time of the day.

For me it's not weird to have bacon, eggs, grits, and biscuits for supper but I probably wouldn't be having last night's spaghetti for breakfast.

Two biscuits split, a sausage patty on each half, two fried eggs on top and cover the lot with sausage gravy.

Seconds optional.
(June 17, 2020 at 1:18 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(June 17, 2020 at 12:23 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I used to be a cold pizza kinda breakfast person.  If I was hungry I would eat whatever was around.

Two biscuits split, a sausage patty on each half, two fried eggs on top and cover the lot with sausage gravy.

Seconds optional.

I have started baking bacon.  It's much less messy than frying it.  I will make half a package at a time and save what's left over.  Then I have a couple days where I can fry up an egg to make a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on toast.  I have never been able to master sausage gravy that suits my southern husband's taste.  I finally figured out grits but at this late date, he's just going to have to not have sausage gravy.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 17, 2020 at 1:32 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(June 17, 2020 at 1:18 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Two biscuits split, a sausage patty on each half, two fried eggs on top and cover the lot with sausage gravy.

Seconds optional.

I have started baking bacon.  It's much less messy than frying it.  I will make half a package at a time and save what's left over.  Then I have a couple days where I can fry up an egg to make a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on toast.  I have never been able to master sausage gravy that suits my southern husband's taste.  I finally figured out grits but at this late date, he's just going to have to not have sausage gravy.

‘Leftover bacon’ is a concept I’m not familiar with.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 17, 2020 at 1:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 17, 2020 at 1:32 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I have started baking bacon.  It's much less messy than frying it.  I will make half a package at a time and save what's left over.  Then I have a couple days where I can fry up an egg to make a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on toast.  I have never been able to master sausage gravy that suits my southern husband's taste.  I finally figured out grits but at this late date, he's just going to have to not have sausage gravy.

Boru

That's what I was going to say, "What's this leftover bacon you are talking about." We are a family of 5 though so a whole package of bacon goes pretty fast! I like to bake mine too, it please the most people. I used to cook bacon one whole package at a time by stacking it four pieces one way four pieces the other and pull the four off the bottom as they begin to cook then all of a sudden they all start crisping up and I pull them out as they are done. This made it too crispy for the kids and my wife. My youngest has never had bacon that way.
(June 17, 2020 at 1:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 17, 2020 at 1:32 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I have started baking bacon.  It's much less messy than frying it.  I will make half a package at a time and save what's left over.  Then I have a couple days where I can fry up an egg to make a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on toast.  I have never been able to master sausage gravy that suits my southern husband's taste.  I finally figured out grits but at this late date, he's just going to have to not have sausage gravy.

Boru
Hehe

I have to use self-control.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leave my !&$*@*# breakfast alone! onlinebiker 60 2496 April 10, 2020 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Children not getting breakfast robvalue 32 4392 January 12, 2017 at 12:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Tongue So what did you have to eat at breakfast/lunch/dinner/anytime MissR 36 7226 December 25, 2014 at 7:51 am
Last Post: abaris