Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Crash
Car Crash
Here is another 80s band I  love.

Ok I have to admit many of the songs that I like like Blondie were written in the 70s. I guess I say "80s" most of the time because back then I was years behind the uptake. Point is they were still popular when I was in HS despite when the song came out.
RE: Car Crash
In this case, it’s fair to say ‘80s’. The Cars spent twice as much time as an 80s band than they did as a 70s band.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

That was unnecessary, but ok.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Bi Bi Love was a source of much confusion.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I haven't listened to The Cars in years. In 1984 I flew home over Labor Day weekend to meet my new niece and to spend some time with my husband. My military career had me and the girls living in southern Arizona, he was still in Iowa with plans to join us after the first of the year.

He was driving me to the airport at the end of my visit and the song "Who's Gonna Drive You Home Tonight?" came on the radio. My husband reached over and turned off the radio saying he couldn't listen to it. He died drunk driving that December.

For years the song would reduce me to tears. Now I just don't put myself through it and I don't listen to any other song by The Cars because my mind goes straight to that song. That's a song that just cuts too deep.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Are you still wearing your Members Only jacket?
(June 19, 2020 at 9:36 pm)no one Wrote: Are you still wearing your Members Only jacket?

I actually fell for that shit when it came out, I wore it, hated it. My favorite look as a teen/ early 20s was a tassel black leather biker jacket with a Pat Benatar jean jacket/sleeves cut out worn over the tassel jacket.
(June 20, 2020 at 5:47 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 19, 2020 at 9:36 pm)no one Wrote: Are you still wearing your Members Only jacket?

I actually fell for that shit when it came out, I wore it, hated it. My favorite look as a teen/ early 20s was a tassel black leather biker jacket with a Pat Benatar jean jacket/sleeves cut out worn over the tassel jacket.

Doesn’t surprise me.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Plain Jane Car Decal zwanzig 56 5374 August 16, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
Sad Painting on a car? zwanzig 40 4515 May 3, 2021 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: zwanzig