Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 4:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Christopher Closeup" and the orange turd.
"Christopher Closeup" and the orange turd.
"Christopher Closeup" was a long running Catholic Sunday morning TV show I grew up with. Now mind you, of course I don't buy any religion or sect now. But I do see morality wrongfully attributed to religion. 

In regards to the orange Turd, looking back at it now, there was one episode where a rich man ended up in the afterlife in a hall of mirrors vainly yelling justifications for his narcissism and greed into a hall of mirrors.  The entire "eye of the needle" motif. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Christophers

The truth of all of humanity in reality is that we are all capable of great compassion and horrible greed and cruelty. 

It sucks that the lesson is good, but the story still gets attached to the supernatural.

I wish I had a direct clip to that particular episode. But I saw it when I was in my pre teens back in the 70s. All I remember today was an old white guy looking at himself in a hall of mirrors trying to justify his accomplishments not understanding it was just justifying greed.

The implication was that the man had died, was in purgatory and had to justify his actions but could not. It unfortunately was not a real mirror, but a superficial type of skepticism not designed to be a learning moment for the accused, but a propaganda ploy to get you to  buy the product of the God and sect.
RE: "Christopher Closeup" and the orange turd.
Dude. Is there anything - anything at all - that you won’t try and tie to Trump, no matter how tenuously?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 8, 2020 at 1:05 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Dude. Is there anything - anything at all - that you won’t try and tie to Trump, no matter how tenuously?

Boru

I don't think he blamed Trump for the empty beer bottle rattling on his AC vent.   Angel

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 8, 2020 at 2:57 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(July 8, 2020 at 1:05 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Dude. Is there anything - anything at all - that you won’t try and tie to Trump, no matter how tenuously?

Boru

I don't think he blamed Trump for the empty beer bottle rattling on his AC vent.   Angel

Please don’t give him any ideas...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 8, 2020 at 2:58 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 8, 2020 at 2:57 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I don't think he blamed Trump for the empty beer bottle rattling on his AC vent.   Angel

Please don’t give him any ideas...

Boru

And I don't think he blamed Trump for driving over his lawn mower cover.

Hehe

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stephen Fry and Christopher Hitchens against Catholicism Edwardo Piet 2 1129 May 14, 2017 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Christopher Hitchens R.I.P. Rokcet Scientist 31 10407 December 19, 2013 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Lion IRC
  Christopher Hitchens, Darrell Ray and the God Virus Michael Schubert 5 2482 July 9, 2013 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Michael Schubert
  Christopher Hitchens talks on Fox about Pope Scandal Eilonnwy 45 12431 April 9, 2010 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist