Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shirley I am not kidding....
Shirley I am not kidding....
It is far to easy for humans to pick a "first", but more often than not progress starts long before what ends up being popular belief. Long before Kamala, or Hillary, or Palin or Geraldine Ferraro there was this lady.

America owes this lady credit.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Ch...to%201983.
RE: Shirley I am not kidding....
(August 12, 2020 at 9:49 pm)Brian37 Wrote: It is far to easy for humans to pick a "first", but more often than not progress starts long before what ends up being popular belief. Long before Kamala, or Hillary, or Palin or Geraldine Ferraro there was this lady.

Yup. When she wouldn’t give up her seat on that bus, it was a pretty big deal.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 13, 2020 at 5:55 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 12, 2020 at 9:49 pm)Brian37 Wrote: It is far to easy for humans to pick a "first", but more often than not progress starts long before what ends up being popular belief. Long before Kamala, or Hillary, or Palin or Geraldine Ferraro there was this lady.

Yup. When she wouldn’t give up her seat on that bus, it was a pretty big deal.

Boru
No, no, no. She's the pioneer that blazed the Chisum Trail. Get your shit together.
(August 13, 2020 at 6:35 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(August 13, 2020 at 5:55 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Yup. When she wouldn’t give up her seat on that bus, it was a pretty big deal.

Boru
No, no, no. She's the pioneer that blazed the Chisum Trail. Get your shit together.

I thought the Chisum Trail was part of the Underground Railroad. No?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 13, 2020 at 6:37 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 13, 2020 at 6:35 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: No, no, no. She's the pioneer that blazed the Chisum Trail. Get your shit together.

I thought the Chisum Trail was part of the Underground Railroad. No?

Boru

No, you're thinking of the BART.
(August 13, 2020 at 7:12 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(August 13, 2020 at 6:37 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I thought the Chisum Trail was part of the Underground Railroad. No?

Boru

Bart Simpson ran the Underground Railroad? Cool. Was that before or after he was the first black woman elected to Congress?

Boru
(August 13, 2020 at 7:31 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 13, 2020 at 7:12 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: No, you're thinking of the BART.

Bart Simpson ran the Underground Railroad? Cool. Was that before or after he was the first black woman elected to Congress?

Boru
During. Bart self-identified at a 1/2 Chinese 1/2 Japanese 1/2 Hawaiian 1/2 houli female impersonator.
I remember her running when I was a kid, but I was much less political then.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(August 13, 2020 at 7:12 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(August 13, 2020 at 6:37 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I thought the Chisum Trail was part of the Underground Railroad. No?

Boru

Back in the day the BART was awesome... You could sherpa a monster cooler of beer and liquor to the Coluseum for concerts and they were cool with it......
(August 13, 2020 at 9:11 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: I remember her running when I was a kid, but I was much less political then.

You were paying attention far more than I did. Back in the 70s my biggest concerns were not to be beaten up by bullies, please my authoritarian parents, and wonder why girls didn't like me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All kidding aside (right), who shot JFK? Whateverist 20 3852 November 26, 2013 at 4:50 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Shirley Sherrod and the smear campaign of Right Wing "News" Eilonnwy 8 3558 July 25, 2010 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: theVOID