Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correcting "Yoda ears".
Correcting "Yoda ears".
Every mask I have that loops over the ears is too short to avoid "Yoda ears." So I got some cord and cord locks and made a loop through the mask ear loops. Now I can pull the mask snug and my ears don't look like I'm a half-breed Jedi-wanna-be.
RE: Correcting "Yoda ears".
I started making 'ear savers' to go with the masks I am making.  Cloth sewed in a rectangle with a button on each end that you can hook the elastic on.  They go on the back of your head.  My husband was complaining about the irritation of the elastic on the back of his ears.

[Image: zI29NHV.jpg]

[Image: K9ebM5O.jpg]

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

That's clever but a bit froo-froo for me. I'll show that to Boss Lady.
What about staples?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 19, 2020 at 4:50 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: That's clever but a bit froo-froo for me. I'll show that to Boss Lady.

Husband requested fabric with a skull pattern.  Unfortunately what I have been able to find is Sugar Skulls and that's not what he had in mind.  I try to go with more neutral colors for him.  

He used an ear saver for the first time yesterday and said it worked out well.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I have space helmet wearing kittens fighting with lightsabers.
This mask certainly helps correct Yoda ears:
Go the Van Gogh route on both ears, Problem solved!
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(August 19, 2020 at 8:49 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Go the Van Gogh route on both ears, Problem solved!

BandageS where the ears were doesn’t help with keeping the mask from falling off.
(August 19, 2020 at 8:51 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(August 19, 2020 at 8:49 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Go the Van Gogh route on both ears, Problem solved!

BandageS where the ears were doesn’t help with keeping the mask from falling off.

No, but you can nail them on without hurting your ear lobes. Think