Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Greatest Scam
The Greatest Scam
If you think about it -  certain things that are readily accepted and legal today - would not be if they had not existed for generations.

Cigarettes for instance. A product, that when used as advertised - causes lung cancer. If you invented tobacco today - they would probably arrest you for reckless endangerment. Or worse.

Then there is religion. What a racket. These hucksters convince feeble minded people that they are going to live in a Disneyland v2.0 in the clouds after they die. And the admission lasts forever. A Walt Disney v2.0 will be there - and he loves you!

Unless you don't believe him. And don't send him money. (Which he keeps tax free) Then he will torture you. Forever.

Kinda almost makes those extended car warranties look legit by comparison...
RE: The Greatest Scam
It's a necessary evil. There is no alternatives.
‘Tell me the truth and I won’t get mad’ - HUGE scam perpetrated on kids the world over.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

But you don't get it: all other religions are lies, money scams and manipulations, but when Christians invent lies-fairy tales it is to spread good in the world; and when Christian leaders collect and take money it is to actually do good with it and not enrich themselves; and when Christian clergy manipulate people it is for their own good, unlike all those other religions that are nothing more than scam.
And that's because Christian lies are inspired by good, while all other religions myths are inspired by evil.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(August 24, 2020 at 3:17 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: It's a necessary evil. There is no alternatives.

I have never been religious.
(August 24, 2020 at 4:20 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: But you don't get it: all other religions are lies, money scams and manipulations, but when Christians invent lies-fairy tales it is to spread good in the world; and when Christian leaders collect and take money it is to actually do good with it and not enrich themselves; and when Christian clergy manipulate people it is for their own good, unlike all those other religions that are nothing more than scam.
And that's because Christian lies are inspired by good, while all other religions myths are inspired by evil.

Great

And as an added bonus - pedophilia!
For just 22 installments of 322.67, I can open the world of fix and flip properties.*

*- Plus processing fees, taxes, commitment fees, and subscription dues.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another NDE Scam Exposed Minimalist 8 1053 April 15, 2018 at 8:41 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Greatest Challenge to Atheists Ever The Valkyrie 32 6696 October 19, 2015 at 9:36 am
Last Post: loganonekenobi
  Religion Is A Scam MountainsWinAgain 2 909 December 6, 2014 at 6:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Religion - the perfect scam? FreeTony 19 6122 February 5, 2014 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  Zeitgeist - The Greatest Story Ever Told DiRNiS 12 5881 August 8, 2010 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused