Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving On UP....... To hard rock.
Moving On UP....... To hard rock.
This woman, who was/is first cousins to NBC long time "Today Show" weather person Al Roker, gave birth to this rock star, and even had an on going character in an interracial marriage in the sitcom "The Jefferson's"  ROXIE ROKER gave birth to this rock star.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roxie_Roker

As an aside outside this and extra credit, WHO was the snarky maid in that sitcom, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY what was the name of the FRENCH classic play that had  a maid that didn't take guff.

And yes, the maid and the wife were not the same character between the TV show and the classic play.. Just adding questions.
RE: Moving On UP....... To hard rock.
If you want us to name the rock star, it’s kind of pointless, because you already named him. 

The snarky maid is Florence Johnston, played by Marla Gibbs.

I’m not sure about the French play, as the question is too non-specific (most French plays have a maid).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 5, 2020 at 8:10 pm)Brian37 Wrote: This woman, who was/is first cousins to NBC long time "Today Show" weather person Al Roker, gave birth to this rock star, and even had an on going character in an interracial marriage in the sitcom "The Jefferson's"  ROXIE ROKER gave birth to this rock star.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roxie_Roker

As an aside outside this and extra credit, WHO was the snarky maid in that sitcom, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY what was the name of the FRENCH classic play that had  a maid that didn't take guff.

And yes, the maid and the wife were not the same character between the TV show and the classic play.. Just adding questions.

Is this news to you?  That Roxie Roker is Lenny Kravitz's mother?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 5, 2020 at 8:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If you want us to name the rick star, it’s kind of pointless, because you already named him. 

I’m not sure about the French play, as the question is too non-specific (most French plays have a maid).

Boru

You got half of it right. Yes, while Florence WAS NOT the actress who gave birth to Lenny Kravits,  the rock star. but the interracial wife(as a character in the sitcom the character in The Jeffersons. (But his real life mother WAS the character played in the interracial couple on that sitcom.)

My reference to Florence in the sitcom has to do with the classic play was akin to  the classic French play had to do with the snarky nature of the royal made not taking shit in the same way. 

Roxie Rokeir was not the maid........ She played Hellin Willis, the wife of the interracial couple of the Jeffersons. Florence was the maid of George in the sitcom. 

You got tripped up because I was asking two different questions.

I was asking you who Helen, was. Then asking you who the sperate made character was. You got the maid right.

The maid of the Jeffersons reminds me of the maid in a 15th century French play. Read it in college, and she reminds me of of the maid in the play.
(October 5, 2020 at 9:15 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 5, 2020 at 8:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If you want us to name the rick star, it’s kind of pointless, because you already named him. 

Boru

You got half of it right. Yes, while Florence WAS NOT the actress who gave birth to Lenny Kravits,  the rock star. but the interracial wife(as a character in the sitcom the character in The Jeffersons. (But his real life mother WAS the character played in the interracial couple on that sitcom.)

My reference to Florence in the sitcom has to do with the classic play was akin to  the classic French play had to do with the snarky nature of the royal made not taking shit in the same way. 

Roxie Rokeir was not the maid........ She played Hellin Willis, the wife of the interracial couple of the Jeffersons. Florence was the maid of George in the sitcom. 

I was asking you who Helen, was. Then asking you who the sperate made character was. You got the maid right.

The maid of the Jeffersons reminds me of the maid in a 15th century French play. Read it in college, and she reminds me of of the maid in the play.

‘Florence’ wasn’t an actress at all, she was a character.

No, Lenny Kravitz’s mother was not a character in the show.

You did not ask who Helen was. You may think you did, but I suspect you’ve had a few.

I give up - What was the French play?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 5, 2020 at 9:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 5, 2020 at 9:15 pm)Brian37 Wrote: You got half of it right. Yes, while Florence WAS NOT the actress who gave birth to Lenny Kravits,  the rock star. but the interracial wife(as a character in the sitcom the character in The Jeffersons. (But his real life mother WAS the character played in the interracial couple on that sitcom.)

‘Florence’ wasn’t an actress at all, she was a character.

No, Lenny Kravitz’s mother was not a character in the show.

You did not ask who Helen was. You may think you did, but I suspect you’ve had a few.

I give up - What was the French play?

Boru

YES SHE WAS..... Lennie's mother NOT THE CHARACTER, but the actress, WAS  CHARACTER "Helen Willis" (the character) who played the wife of an interracial character neighbor in the Jeffersons. 

And if you read my posts OF COURSE "Florence" WAS  a character. I made TWO distinct questions you missed.

ONE, was basically who stared in that sitcom who gave birth to a rock star.

The other question was what Character resembled a maid from a classic French play, regarding the maid as a character, not the interracial wife.
And the French play is...
So basically you are down to who does "Florence" the character, mostly relate to  classic French play, name of the play and character. Not the modern sitcom.

(October 5, 2020 at 9:58 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: And the French play is...

Of roof, without the "r", being the prefix. And North Carolina.  melted asphalt and mushrooms and Rothchild chocolates. "Sounds like".
le propriétaire de la laverie dans l'appartement de luxe dans le ciel
(October 5, 2020 at 9:58 pm)Brian37 Wrote: So basically you are down to who does "Florence" the character, mostly relate to  classic French play, name of the play and character. Not the modern sitcom.

(October 5, 2020 at 9:58 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: And the French play is...

Of roof and North Carolina and melted asphalt and mushrooms and Rothchild chocolates.

No, I don't really care that much, I am just saving Boru a post.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DC ROCK By Brian 37 Brian37 23 4150 May 29, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  "I Love Rock And Roll" co writer dies COVID-19 Brian37 3 428 March 30, 2020 at 6:53 pm
  Heart Of Rock And Roll Brian37 18 2079 February 28, 2020 at 7:23 pm
  25 cents and a puff of 80s Rock.... Brian37 17 1700 October 27, 2019 at 6:12 am
  Unrealistic images of female rock stars. Brian37 13 900 October 5, 2019 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  You fell so hard, didn't you? It hurts; doesn't it? WinterHold 0 316 March 18, 2018 at 12:33 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Kid Rock, this YOU ARE NOT....... Brian37 4 909 October 24, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Rock Concert etiquette? TaraJo 20 2112 February 28, 2017 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Monsters On Sunday an atheist hard rock band. Brian37 0 496 December 6, 2016 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Metal and Hard Rock discussion thread Alex K 116 15007 July 6, 2015 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: Cato