Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The land down under.
The land down under.
Pop and I don't care. 

In fact when I was a kid, if someone had told me I would visit the southern hemisphere, I would have called you crazy.

RE: The land down under.
Og her er tað aftur, enn ein tráður frá tú-veist-hvør og kroystir aðrir góðir tráðir niður á listan.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
I'll translate for Sal...

He said he just loves Xanadu so much, he played it at his wedding!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Might just as well be.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(October 8, 2020 at 9:42 pm)Sal Wrote: Og her er tað aftur, enn ein tráður frá tú-veist-hvør og kroystir aðrir góðir tráðir niður á listan.

Why do you write in Icelandic ? I suppose this is Icelandic because the words indicate it's a North Germanic language.
Also , ð is a rare letter existing in few languages.
For those who know IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) I can say to them than English name of this letter is /'ɛð/.

This letter was also used in Old English (English in Old English is write Englisc but pronunciation is the same than in English we speak nowadays in my knowledge. Old English is not a language but a historical division of English made by historians to distinguish evolution of English language over time) and Middle English (At this time we write Englisch , Inglis or English like nowadays and it does seem pronunciation of this world was like nowadays. Middle English is not a language but a historical division of English made by historians to distinguish evolution of English language over time).

This letter is used in Faroese. Maybe , it is not Icelandic as I think but Faroese or another language.
(October 8, 2020 at 11:34 pm)viocjit Wrote:
(October 8, 2020 at 9:42 pm)Sal Wrote: Og her er tað aftur, enn ein tráður frá tú-veist-hvør og kroystir aðrir góðir tráðir niður á listan.

Why do you write in Icelandic ? I suppose this is Icelandic because the words indicate it's a North Germanic language.
Also , ð is a rare letter existing in few languages.
For those who know IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) I can say to them than English name of this letter is /'ɛð/.

This letter was also used in Old English (English in Old English is write Englisc but pronunciation is the same than in English we speak nowadays in my knowledge. Old English is not a language but a historical division of English made by historians to distinguish evolution of English language over time) and Middle English (At this time we write Englisch , Inglis or English like nowadays and it does seem pronunciation of this world was like nowadays. Middle English is not a language but a historical division of English made by historians to distinguish evolution of English language over time).

This letter is used in Faroese. Maybe , it is not Icelandic as I think but Faroese or another language.

It isn't Icelandic. It's Faroese. They both have the same origins in Old Norse.
Olivia Newton John is simply one more piece of evidence that good looks, charisma, and stage presence can overcome mediocre talent and lousy material.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I do not come from a land down under. Brian37 14 1294 May 6, 2021 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  RuPaul's Drag Race goes Down Under Foxaèr 12 1316 May 4, 2021 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Devil Went Down, to what we all do. Brian37 1 521 July 6, 2020 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Land Of The Rising Redneck.... Brian37 0 228 May 2, 2018 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Brian37