Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 18, 2024, 10:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just babbling
Just babbling
So me and my boyfriend would like to spend the holiday together, the gathering would only be us two and his dad and brother. Me and his dad are both “vulnerable”. We’re all wearing masks and being safe as we possibly can be, however my parents think I should spend the holiday alone. I’m trying very hard to balance my own emotional needs against being safe, especially since I’ve been isolated since February (old timers will remember my condition and how I got cracked open again). What do you guys think? Should I risk it? Do I go?
RE: Just babbling
(November 19, 2020 at 1:42 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: So me and my boyfriend would like to spend the holiday together, the gathering would only be us two and his dad and brother. Me and his dad are both “vulnerable”. We’re all wearing masks and being safe as we possibly can be, however my parents think I should spend the holiday alone. I’m trying very hard to balance my own emotional needs against being safe, especially since I’ve been isolated since February (old timers will remember my condition and how I got cracked open again). What do you guys think? Should I risk it? Do I go?

I would recommend against going.  There will always be more holidays, there's only one you.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 19, 2020 at 5:05 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 19, 2020 at 1:42 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: So me and my boyfriend would like to spend the holiday together, the gathering would only be us two and his dad and brother. Me and his dad are both “vulnerable”. We’re all wearing masks and being safe as we possibly can be, however my parents think I should spend the holiday alone. I’m trying very hard to balance my own emotional needs against being safe, especially since I’ve been isolated since February (old timers will remember my condition and how I got cracked open again). What do you guys think? Should I risk it? Do I go?

I would recommend against going.  There will always be more holidays, there's only one you.

Boru
I suppose you’re right 😔 I hope next year will be better
BQ, if you can hire a deep sea diving helmet, I say go for it and enjoy yourself!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 19, 2020 at 6:38 am)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: BQ, if you can hire a deep sea diving helmet, I say go for it and enjoy yourself!

Know where I can rent one?
(November 19, 2020 at 6:49 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:
(November 19, 2020 at 6:38 am)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: BQ, if you can hire a deep sea diving helmet, I say go for it and enjoy yourself!

Know where I can rent one?

Deep Sea Diving Helmets ‘R’ Us.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 19, 2020 at 6:53 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 19, 2020 at 6:49 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Know where I can rent one?

Deep Sea Diving Helmets ‘R’ Us.

Boru

🤦🏾‍♀️🙄

You may be able to find a way to eat separately. Maybe in separate rooms. However, you won't be able to wear masks while eating. It might be too much of a risk.
Don't do it. There will be many more safe holidays in the future.

Call and put on speaker phone. This way you can eat naked.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
"I bet my future that I can get through these few days without being killed and making everybody who was there as guilty as fuck."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I just say, and I'm just being honest... J a c k 6343 559024 July 24, 2022 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie