Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HEY HO LETS GO!!!!!!!
HEY HO LETS GO!!!!!!!
The Ramones were compete teetotalers back stage. 

I had the fortune of, back in the 80s having a friend, at the time who was into the Washington DC music scene, but was a NY city transplant who personally knew the Ramones. So one night they did a gig at the Bayou, a DC rock club in the enclave of Georgetown DC. 

So these guys kicked ass on stage, everyone was raging, and everyone was lit, but not the band.  So the show like all ended. And Mike took me back stage. And what did I see? Fruit baskets, water bottles and soda. And what was Mike's conversation, but with one of the Ramone's brothers about his family, and grandmother and finding a Micky Mantle Rookie card.

RE: HEY HO LETS GO!!!!!!!
Fuck you.

Every time you tell us the story of getting backstage at a Ramones concert and seeing fruit makes me so happy.  This is (at least) the third time you've brought it up, and it makes me want to grow up to be just like you.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I used to be in a barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois. The baritone was this guy named Kip Diskin, big fat guy, I mean, like, orca fat. He was so stressed in the morning..........
All those guys, for all those years, coming from one family was just astounding. Their mom must have been so proud.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 21, 2020 at 9:31 am)brewer Wrote: All those guys, for all those years, coming from one family was just astounding. Their mom must have been so proud.
Except that thing with the nun, the dwarf and the goat........
(November 21, 2020 at 9:31 am)brewer Wrote: All those guys, for all those years, coming from one family was just astounding. Their mom must have been so proud.

They probably owed Paul McCartney some cash.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
WHOA. Was it Joey, Johnny, DeeDee and Marky?
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(November 21, 2020 at 6:02 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Fuck you.

Every time you tell us the story of getting backstage at a Ramones concert and seeing fruit makes me so happy.  This is (at least) the third time you've brought it up, and it makes me want to grow up to be just like you.

Boru

No you don't. I wear shoelace'less shoes and still trip over things. I get rejection letters from chain mail.
(November 21, 2020 at 2:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 21, 2020 at 6:02 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Fuck you.

Boru

No you don't. I wear shoelace'less shoes and still trip over things. I get rejection letters from chain mail.

Fuck you.

That (and other obvious things) aside, I mean. 

But golly gee - to go backstage at a Ramones concert, seeing no booze, no drugs, and then go on and on and on about it as if it matters. That is SO cool!

Boru
I used to live in the same country as some singers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey, what are you reading there? Mr.Obvious 6 2057 May 29, 2017 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: c172