Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The electors are voting right now.
The electors are voting right now.
We'll see who they want for President.
RE: The electors are voting right now.
I'm only watching to see a car crash rogue vote.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 14, 2020 at 1:23 pm)brewer Wrote: I'm only watching to see a car crash rogue vote.

You may see one or two, but electors are chosen in large part for their party loyalty. The notion the enough pledged electors are going to vote for anyone but Biden doesn’t merit serious consideration.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 14, 2020 at 1:34 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 14, 2020 at 1:23 pm)brewer Wrote: I'm only watching to see a car crash rogue vote.

You may see one or two, but electors are chosen in large part for their party loyalty. The notion the enough pledged electors are going to vote for anyone but Biden doesn’t merit serious consideration.

Boru

Stop ruining my entertainment with rational logic.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/trump-o...ses-biden/

Trump official says they will send results of ‘alternate slate of electors’ to Congress as Electoral College chooses Biden

Has there ever been a bigger bunch of sore losers?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(December 14, 2020 at 3:00 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/trump-o...ses-biden/

Trump official says they will send results of ‘alternate slate of electors’ to Congress as Electoral College chooses Biden

Has there ever been a bigger bunch of sore losers?

No, there hasn’t

Sending alternate slates of electors has been tried before, but never works. Basically, Miller is saying they’re going to take the votes of the Republican electors to Congress on 6 January. Since these are people who were NOT chosen by voters in the states in question, their votes have no legal standing. It’s more or less like rounding up random people at the local kebab shop and calling them ‘electors’.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
All electoral votes counted. Surprise, Biden won. California put Biden and Harris over the top. Sweet. T.rump will have a hissy fit, of course. NO faithless electors. That's unusual.
(December 14, 2020 at 6:31 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: All electoral votes counted. Surprise, Biden won. California put Biden and Harris over the top. Sweet. T.rump will have a hissy fit, of course. NO faithless electors. That's unusual.

At almost the same time that the EC officially elected Biden, Trump fired William
Barr. Coincidence?

Boru
"Ignore that man mounting the throne! Pay attention to me!"
(December 14, 2020 at 7:01 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: At almost the same time that the EC officially elected Biden, Trump fired William
Barr. Coincidence?

Boru

I hope that firing will come back to haunt Trump's legacy.  Barr knows where all the bodies are buried.

Probably not, though.  Barr is an ideologue, and not specifically a Trumpite.  He did what he did to support Republicans and his own view of a unitary executive (i.e. limited dictator).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 980 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Compulsory Voting BrianSoddingBoru4 132 9823 December 28, 2022 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Fireball
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 911 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Attack on voting Spongebob 103 6586 August 18, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Help me out here. Barrett and voting case. Brian37 31 3484 October 30, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 770 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Protest Voting BrianSoddingBoru4 42 1640 October 17, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  The new voting block onlinebiker 2 332 February 19, 2020 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Voting living in no man's land. Brian37 4 595 November 5, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Voting Machines Switching Votes in Texas ReptilianPeon 5 928 October 31, 2018 at 8:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4