Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone remember Rikki Tikki Tavi?
Anyone remember Rikki Tikki Tavi?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
RE: Anyone remember Rikki Tikki Tavi?
Despite being young(ish) I know of him solely due to my father singing what I thought was the theme song but turned out to be a hippy song tribute by the band Donovan.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(December 16, 2020 at 2:34 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Despite being young(ish) I know of him solely due to my father singing what I thought was the theme song but turned out to be a hippy song tribute by the band Donovan.

I remember seeing the cartoon short in the 70s. Gave me nightmares.
(December 16, 2020 at 2:34 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Despite being young(ish) I know of him solely due to my father singing what I thought was the theme song but turned out to be a hippy song tribute by the band Donovan.

Wait, since when does Donovan have a band?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Moderator Notice
Moved this thread from Media.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 16, 2020 at 3:19 am)Brian37 Wrote:

I remember seeing the cartoon short in the 70s. Gave me nightmares.

You appear to have been perpetually frightened as a child.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 16, 2020 at 5:38 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 16, 2020 at 3:19 am)Brian37 Wrote: I remember seeing the cartoon short in the 70s. Gave me nightmares.

You appear to have been perpetually frightened as a child.

Boru

World Magazine's first issue included pictures of dead victims of Pompeii in it's first issue.

My mother took me to see the original first Jaws in the movie theatre as a kid.

So yea, the thought of Cobras attacking me at the same age, sure.
I used to go to bar called "Rikki Tikki Tavern". The owner's name was Ricky.
(December 16, 2020 at 8:58 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 16, 2020 at 5:38 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You appear to have been perpetually frightened as a child.

Boru

World Magazine's first issue included pictures of dead victims of Pompeii in it's first issue.

Your redundant sentence structure aside and poor grammar aside, no magazine has EVER published pictures of the dead victims of Pompeii. Figure it out.

Boru
(December 16, 2020 at 9:12 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I used to go to bar called "Rikki Tikki Tavern". The owner's name was Ricky.

(December 16, 2020 at 9:12 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 16, 2020 at 8:58 am)Brian37 Wrote: World Magazine's first issue included pictures of dead victims of Pompeii in it's first issue.

Your redundant sentence structure aside and poor grammar aside, no magazine has EVER published pictures of the dead victims of Pompeii. Figure it out.

Boru

Yes they did. I have the very first issue of National Geographic's "World Magazine" to this day. GO LOOK IT UP. Blond woman on the cover sliding on snow in Daisy Dukes with a head scarf.

And ever since the archeologists uncovered the ruins millions of people since the 70s have visited the ruins.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you remember? Brian37 12 664 February 23, 2021 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Regulars, a little help if you remember. Brian37 23 1432 January 28, 2020 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anyone remember this cartoon/nature film spoof? Brian37 0 371 October 11, 2017 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37