Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 5:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook is a church
Facebook is a church
Fascistbook banned me for 30 days after reposting (sharing) a meme with a plane in it and reading "no prayer has ever prevented a plane from falling". So I deactivated my account and prepared it for deleting which will occur on 25th January. It was clear to me that Fascistbook is no longer a platform for free expression - it's a fascist camp where freedom of speech is chained up and gagged 50 floors beneath the surface. So I moved to the Russian social media VKontakte where you can upload the most hated by Fascistbook image named "Jebus fucking Christ" and which depicts exactly that and the image is still there for months, without you having even a warning.
What's worse with Fascistbook, even posting personal opinions on other matters without using a single bad word triggers an automatic ban and I wasn't the only one who suffered such a random ban for nothing.
Today the admin of the group "Atheist Society" (I used to be a member before I left Fascistbook) shared this screenshot on VK. I knew Fascistbook would start deleting atheist groups but I didn't expect it would happen so soon. Apparently church Fascistbook is afraid that the existence of such groups could open the eyes of the sheep and drive them away from the greedy priests. A fact that adds to these fears is that this group reached this impressive size in less than 3 months. It used to have only 6k members and then suddenly started growing exponentially. Ever since this growth began, the administrators of several other atheist groups were banned for 30 days over bullshit - for reposting things that others have shared before without punishment.
If you have been a member of Atheist Society, leave Fascistbook now. It's only a matter of time before the fascists turn their virtual eyes towards you and force you to leave.

[Image: Q2pq-Sq-IMLW4.jpg]
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
RE: Facebook is a church
I haven't used FB for years.

It's shit.
Dying to live, living to die.
(January 4, 2021 at 5:51 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: I haven't used FB for years.

It's shit.

True. But it became shit after its owner Mark Suckerberg became a religiturd:
https://www.businessinsider.com/mark-zuc...ues-2020-1
It's not, it's a business...and that means a couple of things. Firstly...that no matter what FB PR say and no matter how often they explain their hilarious failures of process by babbling about frozen peaches, you have no free speech and no right to free speech on their property.

The second thing, the most important thing, is that they do what they do for money, not ideology. Atheist and secular posts on social media have been a thorn in their side for years now, on account of how it could cost them market space in places where the users posted comment wouldn't be deemed acceptable. Turns out that calling big mo a cunt makes some people feel like strapping a bomb to their chest, for example - and that kind of sentiment, right there, is likely to lead to unpublish or ban.

Known issue.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
^Pretty much this. If you're in my house and you say things I don't like, I can throw you out without violating your free speech.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Doesn't mean reality isn't violated in the process.
I guess I don't rile people up enough. I use Facebook to keep up with family and friends around the country and beyond. There are a couple groups I belong to and follow most days. I post political things and atheist things and never end up in FB jail. Maybe what I post is tempered enough with pictures of the dogs that I am not seen as a subversive.

It's funny to me that people can't handle following a few simple rules. If you don't like the platform...create your own with no rules and post whatever you want.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(January 4, 2021 at 9:24 am)arewethereyet Wrote: It's funny to me that people can't handle following a few simple rules.  If you don't like the platform...create your own with no rules and post whatever you want.

We''ll talk again when you get banned for nothing. The very first ban on Fascistbook I got (12 hours) was for posting this pic. You tell me what exactly is the violation of their idiotic community standards.

[Image: christians-killing-v3-1630x2900.png]
You didn't get banned for nothing....though...did you? You got banned for something. Something that you disagree with, but still something.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Rado is entitled to put whatever she wants on whatever platform she wants.

That's pretty obvious.

MEH!

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Facebook, Anyone? Seraphina 22 1343 June 28, 2018 at 12:02 am
Last Post: Whateverist