Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One sentence trump for everyone
One sentence trump for everyone
I have a one sentence trump that I think really puts things into perspective when it comes to theists AND atheists. I want to give it a run and see what this community thinks of it, so here goes:

The one sentence trump:

"How do you know that Satan isnt fooling you?"

Theists, please prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Satan isnt fooling you. Same with atheists and agnostic, please prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Satan isnt fooling you.

It doesnt have to be Satan either. It can be any God or Goddess. Loki for example. Loki is a mischevious and flippant deity.

I already know what the atheists are going to say. They are going to say "The burdon of proof is on the person making the positive claim". True. I agree 100%. The description of Loki is a mischevious deity, and could surely (if he existed) make it so that no burdon of proof could ever be leveled for his existence to us mere mortals, yet still exist.

*Remember, we arent talking about a benevolent deity. We are talking about a malevolent deity who created this entire cosmos merely for his own amusement, who purposefully inspired people to create millions of differing religious beliefs just to confuse us more. Loki could have easily created the universe last thursday and gave it the appearance of ancient age and created humans with false memories that span back further than last thursday. This malevolent deity purposefully plays tricks on the minds of its creations, therefore what you think is scientific evidence for Dinosaurs was planted by Loki in the ground last thursday.

Dont hold back now. Let me have it. Give me your best shots.
RE: One sentence trump for everyone
Loki's got a great hat.

[Image: loki.jpg]
Yeah. That pic is one of my favs. Loki is also about the closest I will ever come to having a favorite God. He still sucks ass, but he is much more interesting than all those other boring wannabes.

So how do you know you arent being fooled by Loki?
I don't. Smile
Prove beyond a reasonable doubt? Okay, easy.

Belief in the existence of Satan is entirely unjustified, this is the same as saying that it is in no way reasonable to believe that Satan exists. If it is in no way reasonable to believe that Satan exists then, beyond all reasonable doubt, I can say that Satan is not fooling me.

Satisfied?
(March 5, 2011 at 12:59 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote: "How do you know that Satan isnt fooling you?"

Because you're fooling me, not Satan.

Anyway, I spend most of my life fooling myself, I don't need anyone else to do it.

Devil

There are many intelligent Christians, no doubt, but an "intellectual Christian", is surely an oxymoron.
How do we know god isn't fooling us?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
The premise makes the assumption that Satan is real. Besides, what is he lying about? Astronomy? Biology? Witch hunts? God? Other God's? Human history? I don't get how that question helps understand anything.

"We live in the age of the internet, and there are still people willing to blow themselves up for the HIGHLY UNLIKELY possiblility of pussy in another dimension!" - Joe Rogan

"Jesus Christ! Grab the Escalade, we're outta here!" - God
It doesn't assume he is real, it assumes that he could be real and fooling us into believing he isn't. The question is "Can we show beyond reasonable doubt that he is not fooling us" - It's akin to the New Evil Demon Problem, a common challenge in Epistemology.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3622 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Which religion would you sentence ISIS to join? emilynghiem 37 9791 February 25, 2015 at 4:42 am
Last Post: CristW