Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 9:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mysterious sea creature with 23 feet length washed up on shore.
Mysterious sea creature with 23 feet length washed up on shore.
https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/mysteri...98296.html

Quote:Last week, a weird-looking sea creature, stretching to more than 23ft in length with no face was washed up on the Broad Haven South Beach in Pembrokeshire, Wales. The mysterious sea beast, weighing around four tonnes, remains unidentified by the experts and has been reported to the UK Cetacean Strandings Investigation Programme (CSIP).

Matthew Westfield, the CSIP stranding coordinator for Wales, identified a spine that was almost 23 feet long. Photographs surfaced online show the remains of a grey coloured husk with bone-like elements visible through the carcass. There are no identifiable heads or limbs on the beast which has started to decompose.
RE: Mysterious sea creature with 23 feet length washed up on shore.
Such beautiful decomposition.

[Image: 1614931835_untitled-design.jpg?impolicy=...height=356]

Sources tend to think it is a Basking Shark.
DNA will burst another cryptid bubble eventually.
This is the sort of thing that keeps ichthyologists in business.  Great
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(March 7, 2021 at 9:19 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: This is the sort of thing that keeps ichthyologists in business.  Great

I find this statement more than a little fishy.
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 7, 2021 at 6:40 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(March 7, 2021 at 9:19 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: This is the sort of thing that keeps ichthyologists in business.  Great

There you go, carping again.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 7, 2021 at 6:40 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:

FIN.
This is the sort of thing that creationists love - washed up deformed carcasses that they can proclaim to be a dinosaur or unicorn from the Bible, put it in their textbook, and then teach kids how it disproves evolution.

[Image: Foss.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
It had 23 feet?

Good thing it' s aquatic.

It couldn' t afford shoes...

[/retaliation for Boru's "de-lightful" joke]
OMG - a dead aquatic creature washed up on a beach - alert the media!

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social Distancing: Is 6 feet enough? Rhizomorph13 14 972 April 2, 2020 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  North Korea launches ballistic missile across northern Japan, falls into sea Alex K 45 11267 August 30, 2017 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus