Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Kangaroo?
No Kangaroo?
Kangaroo Protection Act would prevent the animal’s parts from being sold to make footwear like soccer cleats and baseball mitts

Quote:Starting in 1971, California has been the only U.S. state to ban sales or imports of products made from kangaroos. The animals are killed in their native Australia and a few other nearby island nations, to be used for sports equipment including soccer cleats and baseball mitts.

California dropped the ban from 2007 to 2015, after lobbying from the Australian government and athletic apparel companies like Adidas. Despite now being legal, David Beckham of the L.A. Galaxy — by far the state’s most famous soccer player during those years — nonetheless stopped wearing footwear made from kangaroo skin following public pressure. The state’s ban resumed again in 2016.

The Kangaroo Protection Act would extend that ban to the other 49 states, discontinuing the importation or sale of kangaroo parts nationwide

It goes on further but I'll let you read.

https://govtrackinsider.com/kangaroo-pro...9ca47b999c

I'm interested in what our down under members think.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: No Kangaroo?
Makes most hopping mad, I'd imagine.
Roos have become a pest species. They are not endangered, threatened or vulnerable. Even with harvesting at above one million animals per year, the kangaroo population has increased by 16 million in seven years. There are an estimated 50 million roos in Australia. The arguments against harvesting them are simply not sensible.

And they aren’t harvested JUST for sporting equipment. They are hunted primarily for meat, the hide simply happens to be very useful.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 18, 2021 at 5:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Roos have become a pest species. They are not endangered, threatened or vulnerable. Even with harvesting at above one million animals per year, the kangaroo population has increased by 16 million in seven years. There are an estimated 50 million roos in Australia. The arguments against harvesting them are simply not sensible.

And they aren’t harvested JUST for sporting equipment. They are hunted primarily for meat, the hide simply happens to be very useful.

Boru

Maybe we should set some Whitetail deer loose there....

Then the two can compete for forage....

So how is the backstrap on a roo? Seens like it' t be HUGE....
😀
(March 18, 2021 at 7:40 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(March 18, 2021 at 5:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Roos have become a pest species. They are not endangered, threatened or vulnerable. Even with harvesting at above one million animals per year, the kangaroo population has increased by 16 million in seven years. There are an estimated 50 million roos in Australia. The arguments against harvesting them are simply not sensible.

Boru

Maybe we should set some Whitetail deer loose there....

😀

It is easier for a kangaroo to pass through the eye of a needle than it is to introduce new species to Australia.

I’ve only had kanga bangas. I prefer pork.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 18, 2021 at 8:34 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 18, 2021 at 7:40 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Maybe we should set some Whitetail deer loose there....

😀

It is easier for a kangaroo to pass through the eye of a needle than it is to introduce new species to Australia.

Boru
Yup 

Rabbits 
Cane Toads 
Feral Pigs 
Rats 

I think they have enough invasive species
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(March 18, 2021 at 8:38 pm)SUNGULA Wrote:
(March 18, 2021 at 8:34 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It is easier for a kangaroo to pass through the eye of a needle than it is to introduce new species to Australia.

Boru
Yup 

Rabbits 
Cane Toads 
Feral Pigs 
Rats 

Yeah, they’re pretty serious about it over there. The government even threatened to euthanize Johnny Depp’s dogs.

Boru
Sounds like roos are your deer, Boru, with all the same problems and misconceptions.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Too gamey...
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 18, 2021 at 8:38 pm)SUNGULA Wrote:
(March 18, 2021 at 8:34 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It is easier for a kangaroo to pass through the eye of a needle than it is to introduce new species to Australia.

Boru
Yup 

Rabbits 
Cane Toads 
Feral Pigs 
Rats 

The feral pigs are very hard to catch! They hide in Parliament house!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.