Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 7:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
You can't catch me, cause the rabbit done died.
Thumbs Down 
You can't catch me, cause the rabbit done died.
The title admittedly was borrowed from an Aerosmith song.

But in all seriousness, a real question. How did pregnancy tests get attached to rabbits?
RE: You can't catch me, cause the rabbit done died.
(April 25, 2021 at 7:54 am)Brian37 Wrote: The title admittedly was borrowed from an Aerosmith song.

But in all seriousness, a real question. How did pregnancy tests get attached to rabbits?

https://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/1999...gnancy-te/

First answer on a quick Google search.

Quote:Urine from a woman who suspected she was pregnant was injected into a female rabbit. Pregnant-lady urine contains a lot of chorionic gonadotrophin. If the woman was pregnant, the hormone jolt would cause the rabbit's ovaries to enlarge and develop characteristic surface changes. Unfortunately, the only way to read the test results was to open up bunny and look around. So it wasn't so much that the rabbit done died; more like the rabbit was done in.

(April 25, 2021 at 7:59 am)Five Wrote:
(April 25, 2021 at 7:54 am)Brian37 Wrote: The title admittedly was borrowed from an Aerosmith song.

Quote:Urine from a woman who suspected she was pregnant was injected into a female rabbit. Pregnant-lady urine contains a lot of chorionic gonadotrophin. If the woman was pregnant, the hormone jolt would cause the rabbit's ovaries to enlarge and develop characteristic surface changes. Unfortunately, the only way to read the test results was to open up bunny and look around. So it wasn't so much that the rabbit done died; more like the rabbit was done in.

Good thing pregnancy tests evolved beyond using animals for testing.
Now you pee on a stick! Like the game of Mouse Trap. Nobody gets hurt!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(April 25, 2021 at 5:26 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Now you pee on a stick! Like the game of Mouse Trap. Nobody gets hurt!

And we go hungry for hasenpfeffer......

(April 25, 2021 at 5:26 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Now you pee on a stick! Like the game of Mouse Trap. Nobody gets hurt!

And we go hungry for hasenpfeffer......
(April 25, 2021 at 7:59 am)Five Wrote:

Damn!   1st have another animal’s urine injected into your blood stream, then get cut open to see what that did to you.   The rabbit must have been very sinful during a previous life.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electromagnetic waves cause brain cancer ? Marsellus Wallace 26 4877 January 27, 2016 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  We can dare to dream of the stars again, if only we can achieve this small thing. Annik 49 17994 May 17, 2012 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  A Good Cause The Grand Nudger 3 1508 August 12, 2011 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious