Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 2:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Tell All" books and politics........
"Tell All" books and politics........
Bolton, Trump's Niece, ect ect ect.......... Now Cohen and and a former FBI director are publishing criticisms of Trump. 

Here is why it won't work on his faithful followers. Long  before Stormy 50 former Republican intel agents who had no financial interest signed off on an article warning America not to elect him during his run, whom will not make money like Bolton, Cohen, or his niece. If his followers whom are blindly loyal are not willing to listen to those who don't write books, whom are merely sounding a rightful alarm, what makes anyone think these new books are going to say anything shockingly new that would jar his base into knowing he really is the real threat?

I see Trump's base a lot like being a passenger in a car where the driver speeds, and you tell them to slow down, and they yell at you for valuing safety, then they run a red light and crash the car, and blame you for why they crashed. I don't think these new books coming out are going to put a major dent in Trump's base. The clips I have seen so far, are saying the same shit that has been reported, been obvious, and even been testified to in congressional hearings. 

Is Marry or Bolton or Cohen wrong? NO, they are stating the obvious, all be it too late, but they are. So what is the solution? The only solution I see is for sane people to swamp him in November, so much so he loses both the popular vote and the electoral college.
RE: "Tell All" books and politics........
‘Albeit’ not ‘all be it’.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Trump's hardcore base is going to remain so. The hardcore Republicans are going to remain so.

No one is going to change their vote.

These books and the fact that so many people close to Trump say the same things are going to influence a few people. At this point...two months out, I don't think many minds will be changed no matter who says what.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

There are too many one-issue voters who literally care nothing, and know nothing about Trump. They just know that if liberals get control of the government then we are all fucked. These people are worried about losing their current privileges with the weapons they can own and carry around; they are not necessarily wrong. There are those that are pro-life who will stop at nothing to abolish abortion because they see it as a holocaust of babies being slaughtered. Those two groups alone comprise most of his base I would bet.

There are many on the left that are the same way about Biden, they just know we can't have Trump because he will ruin everything. They are totally right! Trump has rolled back environmental protections and is pushing so hard to roll back the affordable care act without replacing it with anything that will assure people get care. It really looks so dire. It is largely the republicans that are preventing the necessary bill that would provide every American with 2000 dollars monthly retroactively to March and forward to three months after the pandemic is over.

There just seems to be no way to meet in the middle between these groups. I don't see the way forward because, even though I expect a blue wave in November, there will still be so much political pushback that not enough will get done to bring about the change we need.
Quote:...what makes anyone think these new books are going to say anything shockingly new that would jar his base into knowing he really is the real threat?

Nothing, because the books aren’t aimed at Trump's base in the first place.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 6, 2020 at 12:18 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:...what makes anyone think these new books are going to say anything shockingly new that would jar his base into knowing he really is the real threat?

Nothing, because the books aren’t aimed at Trump's base in the first place.

Boru

This was my point.

Neance.

I do believe both Bolton and Cohen in what they have disclosed. I do think both of them have buyer's remorse. 

But I also think they are opportunists too. 

They ARE not saying anything new.
Would I be terrible, if I hoped that trump and all is ASSociates are stricken with an awful case of Herpegonorrhsyphililaria-19 and all perish a painfully slow and agonizing demise?
(September 6, 2020 at 12:45 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 6, 2020 at 12:18 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Nothing, because the books aren’t aimed at Trump's base in the first place.

Boru

This was my point.

Neance.

I do believe both Bolton and Cohen in what they have disclosed. I do think both of them have buyer's remorse. 

But I also think they are opportunists too. 

They ARE not saying anything new.

‘Nuance’?

Boru
If Cohen's book is the lie that Trump and his White House claim, he could easily sue Cohen and defend himself against what he says are lies. However, the problem with that is that Trump would have to have proof that Cohen is lying, and a lawsuit would mean that Cohen would be able to expose the president even further by requesting documents that only he and those close to the president would know about.

So Trump instead focuses on attacking Cohen's character.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(September 6, 2020 at 4:46 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: If Cohen's book is the lie that Trump and his White House claim, he could easily sue Cohen and defend himself against what he says are lies. However, the problem with that is that Trump would have to have proof that Cohen is lying, and a lawsuit would mean that Cohen would be able to expose the president even further by requesting documents that only he and those close to the president would know about.

So Trump instead focuses on attacking Cohen's character.

If you check the long history of lawsuits filed against the orange fuck, vs the ones he has counter sued, the record is clear. 

Even the fact that he bragged about only having to pay a fraction of what the "University" investors sued him for, says long term, that he has been and always well be a lying sack of shit.

I don't think either Cohen or Bolton are lying. I just wish they had not waited.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2153 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  How does your WV inform your politics? FrustratedFool 142 5947 September 8, 2023 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 318 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 981 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Our politics is for slaves and suckers. brokefree 12 693 June 10, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 461 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Politics and Twitter. Brian37 27 1182 May 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  USA politics of hate Richi29 4 338 July 23, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Politics WinterHold 23 1440 January 20, 2020 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Politics is a fairy tale about England Interaktive 6 849 December 27, 2019 at 5:31 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb