Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello y'all..
I'm new here, just call me Gin
I was born in one of largest muslim country,
But my family are buddhist
And I went to a Christian school (Which made me a Christian for quite a while)
Now, I'm an atheist. Simply because i like science.

Being an Atheist in this country is a BIG NO.
So, i can't just say "Hello, Nice to meet you. No, i don't believe in God / Allah, I'm an atheist"
without the risk of going viral and spend the night in jail
Strangely, somehow people in this country seems to think that being Atheist is the same as being a Commies
Just because Karl Marx once said "Religion is the opiate of the masses"
They didn't even bother to learn the rest of the phrase.

So it goes like this.
Karl Marx = Commies
Karl Marx said that Religion is like Opium
Opium = Illegal thing
Meaning Karl Marx was trying to say Religion should be Illegal
That makes Karl Marx an Atheis
Resulting Atheist = Commies
And of course, Commies are all bad
I'm amused by this logic..

So, i just wandering around from one forum to another, looking for "My kind"
But Atheist forum doesn't seem to last very long.
Many of them just simply disappear without a trace.
I think this forum is my 5th or 6th atheist forum i joined so far.
Since the previous ones are no longer around

And btw, English is definitely not my primary language
Sorry for my bad english
Please be gentle if there's grammar error or perhaps a mispelled words.

Looking forward having fun with y'all.
RE: New Member
No problems with spelling or grammar, so don't worry about that.

Welcome.

I understand there's a growing atheist community in most Muslim countries?

Please be safe.
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome man of many non gods.
I'm going to jump in and say that "religion is the opium of the masses" referred to people's vehicle to find some answers and contentness in an otherwise hopeless miserable situation.
Which is very understandable. Not about the illegality of it ...

It is still the hopium of the masses ...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Well, welcome aboard...and this board hasn't gone anywhere in all the time I've been here.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Welcome. I hope you didn't bring any of that "Atheist Forum Death" stuff with you. Big Grin
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 19, 2021 at 11:02 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I understand there's a growing atheist community in most Muslim countries?

Please be safe.

Perhaps, but if they do exist in here, i think they are being very quiet about it.
To this day, i still haven't found another fellow atheist. And i doubt i will find them anytime soon
It's easier to just blend in.
The best bet is to act like a muslim / christian
You probably know a bunch. If I were an agent of a theocratic state, I'd start with you. I'd assume that people who you knew and who knew you were more likely than their peers to be kafir. You'd be my canary.

Welcome aboard again and like the other guy said, be safe.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 19, 2021 at 11:11 pm)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: referred to people's vehicle to find some answers and contentness in an otherwise hopeless miserable situation.
Which is very understandable. Not about the illegality of it ...

Explaining those words to them would require extreme courage.
The risk of being called as Commies sympathisant is really bad
And obviously, commies blood are completely halal

Once, those asswipes was protesting about a Bank's logo, because the B looks like a sickle.

(May 19, 2021 at 11:12 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Well, welcome aboard...and this board hasn't gone anywhere in all the time I've been here.

Good to know!

(May 19, 2021 at 11:26 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: If I were an agent of a theocratic state, I'd start with you.  I'd assume that people who you knew and who knew you were more likely than their peers to be kafir.  You'd be my canary.

No you won't.. I'm invisible...
I could convince you that i'm praying so hard, 5 times a day!
Just don't ask me to read a quran.
I would sounds like a very drunk arabian
Hello! Big Grin
That's not really what Marx was getting at, but welcome all the same.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new member asswriter 8 231 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Member Photos Tiberius 20280 4449494 April 11, 2024 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New member MistMuse 7 277 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 608 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 872 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 657 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1370 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1196 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2074 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2646 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one