Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manley Teeth......
Manley Teeth......
Pick on me for the 80S and ABBA of the 70s if you wish.

But just now, I am watching a rerun of "Baywatch" and a guest star kept bugging me, until I figured him out. Back in the 70s there was a show called "Emergency" which the premise was two EMTs and in the rerun of Baywatch OF THE MOSTLY 90S, he guest stared in one episode of Baywatch. The actor's name was Randolph Mantooth. 

But here is the opening of the original 70s show that made him famous at the time. 

RE: Manley Teeth......
I loved that show as a kid, but I doubt I'd want to see it now.
(July 22, 2021 at 7:54 pm)HappySkeptic Wrote: I loved that show as a kid, but I doubt I'd want to see it now.

It is funny with any media when it gets old, TV, movies, video games. It does not matter. "Jaws" for example ,scared the ever living fuck out of me as a kid. Today I still watch it, the acting was great, but the special effects? Not so much. I can tell it was rubber shark. 

I still like watching "Adam-12" too.

(July 22, 2021 at 7:54 pm)HappySkeptic Wrote: I loved that show as a kid, but I doubt I'd want to see it now.

His co "EMT"(actor) went on to play a bad guy in a movie about a cop who had a German Shepard dog cop, whom helped the cop bust the drug lord.
Whomever did the overlays for that opening sucked. Who would put the names of the actors ONTOP of their faces?
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
(July 22, 2021 at 8:12 pm)AkiraTheViking Wrote: Whomever did the overlays for that opening sucked. Who would put the names of the actors ONTOP of their faces?

I am not going to argue about "after the fact". Nobody sane today, even with movies like "Jaws" or "Friday The 13th" can be fooled by the music or effects today. But even with "Emergency" that shit worked on me back then.
Never heard of it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 22, 2021 at 8:14 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I am not going to argue about "after the fact". Nobody sane today, even with movies like "Jaws" or "Friday The 13th" can be fooled by the music or effects today. But even with "Emergency" that shit worked on me back then.

Oh the effects of the orginal Jaws and Jaws 2 hold up. 3 and 4 on the other hand. Dodgy
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
(July 22, 2021 at 8:22 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Never heard of it.

Boru
You must be living right...
[Image: icon_quote.jpg]Fernando:
But even with "Emergency" that shit worked on me back then.

I'm sure a string with a shiny object attached to it would work on you.
Emergency was a good follow up to Adam 12.  It introduced hospital crises to prime time.  I wanted that nurse to let down her hair and examine me.  Then I grew up and moved on.

Reconsider how you portray Native American names.  Is it funny enough to be worth it?