Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(The) Suicide Squad
(The) Suicide Squad
Telly has been showing the trailer for this film, and I kept thinking to myself, I've already seen it, but I don't recognize these scenes and they're not calling it Suicide Squad II or a reboot.

Just looked it up. The only title difference between the 2016 film and the 2021 film is the newly added word The.

SMDH. Wacky
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: (The) Suicide Squad
It looks good, in my opinion. Not like fantastic but I think it looks like a fun time movie. 

I cringed a lot during the 2016 Suicide Squad. There were ideas and parts of it I liked but overall, I was not a fan.

I want to watch Birds Of Prey first.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(August 8, 2021 at 10:36 am)Angrboda Wrote: I want to watch Birds Of Prey first.

I bought the DVD set of Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey for about $13.00 on Amazon. Haven't watched BoP yet.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Every time I see Margot Robbie play Harley Quinn, I become more and more convinced that this is the role she was born to play.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I didn't realize it was on HBO when I posted earlier. Watched it today. Definitely right on the money. It was a funny, fun time movie. There were moments where you felt the stakes were high and things took on a serious tone. Other times, it took a very casual, laid back tone with a comedic/cartoonish slant. I liked it a lot.

James Gunn has a knack for capturing the ragtag team comic book movie.

Haven't seen it, but what little I have seen looks good so far:

(Note: there were no stunt doubles for this scene. Margot Robbie really did all of that.)
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
At work.

Saw it. Liked it. I think it's a notch up on the first one.

Cheers.
(August 8, 2021 at 9:59 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Haven't seen it, but what little I have seen looks good so far:

(Note: there were no stunt doubles for this scene. Margot Robbie really did all of that.)

Robbie's Harley Quinn puts the 'hot' in 'psychotic'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I am so tempted to take one of the frames from where she’s trying to grab at the guard’s keys with her toes and add the lines “I’m Harley Quinn! I’m impetuous! I give people footjobs at random!”

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Commit Suicide, prose in paragraph. Brian37 6 1235 April 3, 2015 at 8:43 am
Last Post: Brian37