Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pronouncements about sexual predilections
Pronouncements about sexual predilections
Rather than pollute the introductions section ---

Why is it that some people feel the need to annouce their sexual leanings on introducing themselves?

Perhaps in a pickup bar or attending an orgy it would make sense.

Personally I don' t care about the size, shape, or humidity content of your genitalia - who you show them to, or have fondle, beat or pierce with a roofing nail.

How about you stick to name, rank and serial number for starters?

If I'm intetested in your ceramic buttplug collection , I'll inquire.
RE: Pronouncements about sexual predilections
I don't usually announce mine or talk about it unless it comes up(I'm a man and I want to be accepted as a man; that's what I want to be focused on unless it is relevant to share my history in some way).

But I do empathize with and understand the desire to be visible. If the default wasn't just to simply assume everyone is white, hetero, and either male or female, then people with other identities wouldn't feel erased or ignored. Sometimes it provides a context.

For instance, in the religion I was raised in, my gender and sexual identity were repressed. So, now that I'm atheist, I can see a scenario where it is a badge of pride to state aloud, "I'm bisexual and trans" and not feel ashamed or like I have to apologize or hide. I earned the right to be who I am.

For some people their sexuality presents a large part of their identity. Hell, I have a pair of tits as my avatar.

Others just like to get everything out in the open first thing.

I don'y have a problem with it.

If someone wants to announce that they're straight in their intro, that's okay too.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm straight, but I don't usually get much confusion or any questions at all regarding that, so I didn't see it as relevant to my introduction. It's a small privilege, but it's there.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(August 12, 2021 at 9:11 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: For some people their sexuality presents a large part of their identity.  Hell, I have a pair of tits as my avatar.

If someone wants to announce that they're straight in their intro, that's okay too.

Call me a dirty old man if you want, but I love your new avatar. I've never been able to resist a pair of shapely breasts.  Naughty
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(August 12, 2021 at 9:01 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Rather than pollute the introductions section ---

Why is it that some people feel the need to annouce their sexual leanings on introducing themselves?

Perhaps in a pickup bar or attending an orgy it would make sense.

Personally I don' t care about the size, shape, or humidity content of your genitalia - who you show them to, or have fondle, beat or pierce with a roofing nail.

How about you stick to name, rank and serial number for starters?

If I'm intetested in your ceramic buttplug collection , I'll inquire.

if people can reveal their gender as part of their intro why can’t they reveal their sexual orientation?
Yeah, it’s kind of a non-issue for me.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 12, 2021 at 9:11 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: For some people their sexuality presents a large part of their identity.  Hell, I have a pair of tits as my avatar.

That really isn' t the point.

If it is a huge part of your identity - that is fine.

But - not everyone wants, needs or cares to know about your sexuality.

If someone isn' t making an issue about your sexuality it is inappropriate for you to force knowledge of your sexuality upon them.

Sorta like a flasher.....

Fine - you' re proud of your junk.

The whole world doesn' t need a viewing.
There's a lot of things people don't care to hear about, but people talk about them anyway. Not sure why this one's an issue for you.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
I don't come here as though this is a dating site and therefore DGAF what someone's sexual proclivites are at first meeting.

Later into learning about someone it can be a helpful bit of info in understanding where they stand on certain things.

I can't imagine walking up to someone in person and saying, "Hi, I'm awty, and I am a female heterosexual." I don't get invited to that kind of party.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the world supply of bagels a good social measurement of sexual abuse worldwide or BananaFlambe 11 900 December 4, 2023 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Sexual Fluidity FrustratedFool 94 3980 October 24, 2023 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama