Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My reply to the Human Life Review.
My reply to the Human Life Review.
For those who are not aware, this is a right-wing, pro-life web site.

Here's a recent anti-transgender article:

Identity Alphabet Soup

As a transgender female, I replied to the article, a reply that they did not publish:

Quote:I am a transgender female. What is it that you people want from Us? As far as my inner state, who cares?! The clothes that I wear, which, on occasion, is a tee, full skirt and sandals? Who cares?! That my finger nails are long and round? Who cares?! That my hair goes down to my mid-back? Who cares?! That other people sometimes (mis)recognize me, a biological male, as being a woman? Who cares?! That I have shave my legs and arms? Who cares?! That I sometimes wear makeup? Who cares?! That I cry and sob over the death and loss of my pets as they grow old and die? Who cares?! That I love dogs but cats even more? Who cares?! And, even worse, that I use My Fitness Pal to watch my weight? Who cares?!

I am happy with Me, and so, who cares???
RE: My reply to the Human Life Review.
The greatest societal tragedy is that we too often lose sight of the fact that people are people.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
There are 2 kinds of people.
Cool ones, and asshats.

An asshat is an asshat is an asshat, no matter how you identify.
(August 26, 2021 at 11:35 pm)Jehanne Wrote: For those who are not aware, this is a right-wing, pro-life web site.

Identity Alphabet Soup

As a transgender female, I replied to the article, a reply that they did not publish:

Quote:I am a transgender female. What is it that you people want from Us? As far as my inner state, who cares?! The clothes that I wear, which, on occasion, is a tee, full skirt and sandals? Who cares?! That my finger nails are long and round? Who cares?! That my hair goes down to my mid-back? Who cares?! That other people sometimes (mis)recognize me, a biological male, as being a woman? Who cares?! That I have shave my legs and arms? Who cares?! That I sometimes wear makeup? Who cares?! That I cry and sob over the death and loss of my pets as they grow old and die? Who cares?! That I love dogs but cats even more? Who cares?! And, even worse, that I use My Fitness Pal to watch my weight? Who cares?!

I am happy with Me, and so, who cares???
You played yourself with that comment, thinking they had deleted it.......but anyway, here's what I think of your situation. You're entitled to feel how you feel about these things, in fact, more than entitled.......you are actually right to feel how you feel. But perhaps, your emotions are making you see things in a distorted way. In terms of principles, you don't have much to stand on, as your approach is not principled, but rather, very personal, making it hard to justify what you believe, in an objective sense. Of course, objectivity is only half of the reality equation, the other half being subjectivity, a realm I believe you are already very much exploring, but that you should grow to attain a deeper understanding of. Your shallow emotional responses will only take you so far. You say, "I am happy with Me", and there's nothing wrong with being happy with yourself at all, but you shouldn't expect others to be happy with you, just because you are happy with you. Being your own cheerleader is a bit of an intellectual dead end.......it's immature at best, and deluding at worst. If other people sometimes mistake you for being a woman, isn't that a good thing? Isn't that what you're going for? Maybe it is, and I'm just misinterpreting that sentence.

I am also an ex-Catholic, but I am not an atheist. More like, just a believer without a religion. What turned you away from Catholicism, and made you embrace atheism?
"Imagination, life is your creation"
Oh this will end well....

Popcorn

Not at work.
(August 28, 2021 at 4:42 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: Oh this will end well....

Popcorn

Not at work.

Pass the popcorn!
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 26, 2021 at 11:40 pm)Foxaire Wrote: The greatest societal tragedy is that we too often lose sight of the fact that people are people.

The biggest things humans worldwide often, far too often forget, is that just like a plane ride, it doesn't matter if you sit in first class or in the last row, the ride takes off and ends for everyone. 

Nobody will give a shit if there is a emergency on a passenger jet, takeoff, landing, or mid air, if the shit hits the fan. Everyone is going to think/hope/pray that they survive. 

So why should I care, or anyone care, what someone wears or eats or speaks?
(August 28, 2021 at 3:39 am)Ahriman Wrote:
(August 26, 2021 at 11:35 pm)Jehanne Wrote: For those who are not aware, this is a right-wing, pro-life web site.

Identity Alphabet Soup

You played yourself with that comment, thinking they had deleted it.......but anyway, here's what I think of your situation. You're entitled to feel how you feel about these things, in fact, more than entitled.......you are actually right to feel how you feel. But perhaps, your emotions are making you see things in a distorted way. In terms of principles, you don't have much to stand on, as your approach is not principled, but rather, very personal, making it hard to justify what you believe, in an objective sense. Of course, objectivity is only half of the reality equation, the other half being subjectivity, a realm I believe you are already very much exploring, but that you should grow to attain a deeper understanding of. Your shallow emotional responses will only take you so far. You say, "I am happy with Me", and there's nothing wrong with being happy with yourself at all, but you shouldn't expect others to be happy with you, just because you are happy with you. Being your own cheerleader is a bit of an intellectual dead end.......it's immature at best, and deluding at worst. If other people sometimes mistake you for being a woman, isn't that a good thing? Isn't that what you're going for? Maybe it is, and I'm just misinterpreting that sentence.

I am also an ex-Catholic, but I am not an atheist. More like, just a believer without a religion. What turned you away from Catholicism, and made you embrace atheism?

I was walking on a residential sidewalk yesterday in another town 100 miles from where I live, while visiting an adult son. One out of a group of teenagers said, "Whose that?" when I walked past their home, followed by another saying "Weirdo". I said nothing to them before or after.

This is intolerance in America. As far as why I embraced agnostic atheism, abandoning Catholicism, I got to the point in my life where I no longer believed in any of it.
(August 28, 2021 at 3:39 am)Ahriman Wrote:

Identity Alphabet Soup

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 28, 2021 at 6:11 am)Jehanne Wrote:
(August 28, 2021 at 3:39 am)Ahriman Wrote: You played yourself with that comment, thinking they had deleted it.......but anyway, here's what I think of your situation. You're entitled to feel how you feel about these things, in fact, more than entitled.......you are actually right to feel how you feel. But perhaps, your emotions are making you see things in a distorted way. In terms of principles, you don't have much to stand on, as your approach is not principled, but rather, very personal, making it hard to justify what you believe, in an objective sense. Of course, objectivity is only half of the reality equation, the other half being subjectivity, a realm I believe you are already very much exploring, but that you should grow to attain a deeper understanding of. Your shallow emotional responses will only take you so far. You say, "I am happy with Me", and there's nothing wrong with being happy with yourself at all, but you shouldn't expect others to be happy with you, just because you are happy with you. Being your own cheerleader is a bit of an intellectual dead end.......it's immature at best, and deluding at worst. If other people sometimes mistake you for being a woman, isn't that a good thing? Isn't that what you're going for? Maybe it is, and I'm just misinterpreting that sentence.

I was walking on a residential sidewalk yesterday in another town 100 miles from where I live, while visiting an adult son.  One out of a group of teenagers said, "Whose that?" when I walked past their home, followed by  another saying "Weirdo".  I said nothing to them before or after.

This is intolerance in America.  As far as why I embraced agnostic atheism, abandoning Catholicism, I got to the point in my life where I no longer believed in any of it.
So you dumped the belief in God as well? I'm not judging you, I'm just trying to understand your perspective better.
"Imagination, life is your creation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You are not allowed to reply to this topic. vorlon13 37 6408 September 18, 2017 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Joods
  You are allowed to reply to this topic. Chad32 9 1259 September 16, 2017 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Like to read? Book review thread! mediocrates 13 2229 May 16, 2017 at 11:08 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, reta 9 2101 April 23, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Coffee review - KAFAE YEN DeDe Instant Coffee dyresand 15 2925 April 15, 2015 at 9:46 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  The Ledge, a movie review. Brian37 2 1394 January 16, 2015 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Review my portal... Aractus 10 1640 September 6, 2014 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Product review- electric flyswatter professor 13 2025 August 3, 2014 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Shaggy
  guys, why has my quick reply gone! ignoramus 0 591 July 10, 2014 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Forum Review - Newgrounds RonaldReagansGhost666 19 5202 April 7, 2013 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: RonaldReagansGhost666