Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Herman Cain Awards
The Herman Cain Awards
Have you heard of the Herman Cain Award? There’s a Facebook group for it, a subreddit and a Twitter account. They document people who mock and belittle attempts to control Covid, catch Covid themselves and die from it. It’s named after Herman Cain who posthumously tweeted that Covid isn’t that deadly AFTER he had died from it.

A lot of people have claimed that it’s creepy and ghoulish to celebrate people dying like that. I want to agree, but two factors: 1, they’re fighting so hard against the measures being taken that would have saved their lives and 2, so many of them have been so hateful and hostile to others over the last several years. I really can’t feel sorry for them anymore
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: The Herman Cain Awards
Yep, I stuck in another thread. There's also this place: https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

And I'm OK with being cruel.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 24, 2021 at 1:02 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Have you heard of the Herman Cain Award?  There’s a Facebook group for it, a subreddit and a Twitter account.  They document people who mock and belittle attempts to control Covid, catch Covid themselves and die from it.  It’s named after Herman Cain who posthumously tweeted that Covid isn’t that deadly AFTER he had died from it.  

A lot of people have claimed that it’s creepy and ghoulish to celebrate people dying like that.  I want to agree, but two factors: 1, they’re fighting so hard against the measures being taken that would have saved their lives and 2, so many of them have been so hateful and hostile to others over the last several years.  I really can’t feel sorry for them anymore

I have gotten flack for, while constantly fighting covid deniers, while at the same time not wanting anyone to die from it, defending some deniers. For example. I have a regular cab driver whom was stupid and didn't get the vax, and lucky for her, and unlucky for her, she spent a week and a half in the  hospital for her refusal to get the vax. She was lucky. But that does not mean because I did get vaxed I am entitled to revenge. 

My other cab driver, working for the same company agreed that her co worker was wrong in not getting the vax. 

My biggest problem is with our GOP, in that they don't fucking give a shit and it is all about slogans and power.
(September 24, 2021 at 1:02 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Have you heard of the Herman Cain Award?  There’s a Facebook group for it, a subreddit and a Twitter account.  They document people who mock and belittle attempts to control Covid, catch Covid themselves and die from it.  It’s named after Herman Cain who posthumously tweeted that Covid isn’t that deadly AFTER he had died from it.  

A lot of people have claimed that it’s creepy and ghoulish to celebrate people dying like that.  I want to agree, but two factors: 1, they’re fighting so hard against the measures being taken that would have saved their lives and 2, so many of them have been so hateful and hostile to others over the last several years.  I really can’t feel sorry for them anymore

Given that many of them are prone to interfering with others' attempts to take sensible precautions, by ripping off masks, vandalizing vaccination centers, and the like, it's clear their denial is not only unwise, but actually an example of bad faith and dishonesty. I have no compulsion to restrain the occasional smirk when an immoral asshole gets their comeuppance.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 24, 2021 at 1:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

I have gotten flack for, while constantly fighting covid deniers, while at the same time not wanting anyone to die from it, defending some deniers. For example. I have a regular cab driver whom was stupid and didn't get the vax, and lucky for her, and unlucky for her, she spent a week and a half in the  hospital for her refusal to get the vax. She was lucky. But that does not mean because I did get vaxed I am entitled to revenge. 

My other cab driver, working for the same company agreed that her co worker was wrong in not getting the vax. 

My biggest problem is with our GOP, in that they don't fucking give a shit and it is all about slogans and power.

How lucky were the people who didn’t get care because your stupid, selfish cabbie was taking up hospital resources because she couldn’t be bothered to go get a free vaccine?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If the anti-vaxxers, be they of the GOP or not, think that getting vaccinated or not is a personal choice and their's is not to...why isn't it also a personal choice for everyone else?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 24, 2021 at 1:52 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 24, 2021 at 1:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I have gotten flack for, while constantly fighting covid deniers, while at the same time not wanting anyone to die from it, defending some deniers. For example. I have a regular cab driver whom was stupid and didn't get the vax, and lucky for her, and unlucky for her, she spent a week and a half in the  hospital for her refusal to get the vax. She was lucky. But that does not mean because I did get vaxed I am entitled to revenge. 

How lucky were the people who didn’t get care because your stupid, selfish cabbie was taking up hospital resources because she couldn’t be bothered to go get a free vaccine?

Boru

I agree her logic was and is stupid. But what do you want? You want to be like Frank Burns from MASH, or Colonel Flagg?
(September 24, 2021 at 2:01 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 24, 2021 at 1:52 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: How lucky were the people who didn’t get care because your stupid, selfish cabbie was taking up hospital resources because she couldn’t be bothered to go get a free vaccine?

Boru

I agree her logic was and is stupid. But what do you want? You want to be like Frank Burns from MASH, or Colonel Flagg?

A treasure trove of WTF today... Panic Panic Panic

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 24, 2021 at 2:01 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 24, 2021 at 1:52 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: How lucky were the people who didn’t get care because your stupid, selfish cabbie was taking up hospital resources because she couldn’t be bothered to go get a free vaccine?

Boru

Neither. I want you to stop excusing and apologizing for your cabbie who didn’t have a problem with spreading a deadly disease.

And it wasn’t ‘logic’, faulty or otherwise. It was selfish, pig-ignorant cruelty. The least you could do is request a different driver.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If people are so stupid as to reject the one thing that can help them, I have no sympathy.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jury Awards Sandy Hook Families Nearly $1 Billion BrianSoddingBoru4 19 1859 October 14, 2022 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  SAG Awards, celebrities, against immigration ban Foxaèr 0 584 February 1, 2017 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Should Rolf Harris be stripped of his awards? Aractus 19 2603 July 19, 2014 at 5:48 am
Last Post: jesus_wept