Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 11:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radicalized at university
Radicalized at university
http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-paper...story.html
[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]
RE: Radicalized at university
I'm not surprised. I have changed extremely as well. I went from Catholic to Deist to Agnostic to Atheist.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
When you're exposed to information you can't help but learn.
"If an injury must be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared" - Niccolo Macchiavelli
(March 18, 2011 at 12:24 am)Ubermensch Wrote: When you're exposed to information you can't help but learn.

Tell that to the creationist in PZ Myers' biology class...
(March 18, 2011 at 2:46 am)theVOID Wrote:
(March 18, 2011 at 12:24 am)Ubermensch Wrote: When you're exposed to information you can't help but learn.

Tell that to the creationist in PZ Myers' biology class...

Indeed,

I have spoken to Evangelical Christians who have studied biology or other subjects, which teach stuff which is challenging to their beliefs. It did not change their beliefs (such as the earth is 6000 years old) one bit.

Also I am University Educated (in Business admittedly) person, and can testify that a lot of university students I have spoken to, learned surprisingly little at their time at University.
undefined
They probably learned alot about drinking, unprotected sex and recreational drug use.
"If an injury must be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared" - Niccolo Macchiavelli
(March 18, 2011 at 9:15 am)Ubermensch Wrote: They probably learned alot about drinking, unprotected sex and recreational drug use.

I must have been in the advanced group, we learned all that way before college. Big Grin

"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of California microaggrssions list Lemonvariable72 18 6021 September 2, 2015 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Shouldn't we thank Glenn Beck for opening an online university? fritistat 16 4800 July 19, 2010 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels