Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assassination of Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf
Assassination of Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf
Muslims often argue that islam is religion of peace and those people who do violent things are getting it wrong, you're all familiar about itSmile Well, according to them, Muhammad got it wrong too...
Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf was a victim of Muhammad, assassinated just because he criticized him..
Muhammad Don Corleone Wrote:Allah's messenger said "Who is willing to kill Ka`b bin al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His apostle?" Thereupon Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's messenger! Would you like that I kill him?" The prophet said, "Yes". Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Ka`b). The prophet said, "You may say it."
So you can lie in order to kill..Tongue Looks like a mafia meeting doesn't it?
http://www.answering-islam.org/Muhammad/...s/kab.html
so next time when you condemn evil deeds of your fellow muslims, don't forget that your prophet hired assassins to kill people who oppose him..
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
RE: Assassination of Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf
Personally, I don't think there has been a perfect so called 'prophet'. They were but human beings after all. Be it Muhammad or Jesus they all made mistakes, generally in conjunction wiht the time period they were asscociated with.

I don't beleive they received messages from 'god', I think they were just enlighted individuals that formed unique connnections, giving rise to so called 'words from god'.

There are parts of the 'prophet' phenonmenon that are quite hard to explain, but I think it is nearly possible using the psychological & scientific knowledge we have today.
(March 18, 2011 at 5:18 am)annatar Wrote: Muslims often argue that islam is religion of peace and those people who do violent things are getting it wrong, you're all familiar about itSmile Well, according to them, Muhammad got it wrong too...
Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf was a victim of Muhammad, assassinated just because he criticized him..
Muhammad Don Corleone Wrote:Allah's messenger said "Who is willing to kill Ka`b bin al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His apostle?" Thereupon Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's messenger! Would you like that I kill him?" The prophet said, "Yes". Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Ka`b). The prophet said, "You may say it."
So you can lie in order to kill..Tongue Looks like a mafia meeting doesn't it?
http://www.answering-islam.org/Muhammad/...s/kab.html
so next time when you condemn evil deeds of your fellow muslims, don't forget that your prophet hired assassins to kill people who oppose him..

I honestly thought after 1400 years of Islam, all the world realized that criticism does not suit well with Muslims. Look at my country, we criticized and protested the government last year which resulted in death of more than 150 people, thousands arrested and imprisoned without a fair trial -- correction -- without any trial, all the foreign media, journalists, broadcast offices, photographers thrown out of the country, 70% of internet blocked, opposition leaders are missing/abducted. And the almighty supreme leader branded those who protested the way the country is governed, enemy of God and Islam.

Just who do you think you're dealing with? They're Muslims, everything you say offends them, everything you do is an act to defy their holy way. Every movie you make, song you write, comment you make, cartoon you draw, book you write, breathe you take, clothes you wear, hairstyle you cut, make up you put, product you sell, money you spend, is an offense to them, to their prophet and Allah.

The threat of growing Muslims and spreading Islam is greater than any nation would realize, mark my words, there will be a day that the whole world would regret of letting Islam grow like poison ivy around them, put that day is already too late.
In the deep forest by a yearnings side
Is a flower growing in the still of the night.
Moonlit night with her would blend - if you break her...
Your life must end!
So much for mass generalisations.
(March 18, 2011 at 5:18 am)annatar Wrote: Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf was a victim of Muhammad, assassinated just because he criticized him..

It is not true that Ashraf was killed only for insulting the Prophet. He did much more than that. He also announced that he was going to assassinate the Prophet.

However, the news had reached some of the companions of Muhammad, and after they told Muhammad about this, that's when he gave them the permission to kill him. This means that the action is justifiable because it was done for self-defense. If Muhammad didn't do anything, and told Maslama not to kill him, then there is a good chance that Ashraf would have killed Muhammad first. But, Muhammad didn't let that happen because he took advantage of the information by taking action before his enemy could carry out his plan.

From wikipedia:
Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf (Arabic: كعب بن الاشرف‎) (died 624) was a chief of the Jewish tribe of Banu Nadir and a poet, who plotted with Quraysh and a group of Jews to fight against Muslims and assassinate the Islamic prophet Muhammad. He was assassinated by Muslims on the order of Muhammad before he could carry out his plans.

(March 18, 2011 at 5:18 am)annatar Wrote: So you can lie in order to kill..Tongue Looks like a mafia meeting doesn't it?

No, we cannot lie for that reason. But for the safety of our own lives, yes, we are allowed to lie or deceive the enemy. And this is one of the examples.

(March 18, 2011 at 5:18 am)annatar Wrote: so next time when you condemn evil deeds of your fellow muslims, don't forget that your prophet hired assassins to kill people who oppose him..

As I've already shown, that is not true because the assassin was not done simply for "opposing" or "insulting" the Prophet, but because Ashraf had prepared himself to go and kill Muhammad. Therefore, Muhammad had every right to go and send someone to kill such a person. Ashraf incited people to kill Muhammad and his followers and it doesn't matter if he raised a weapon or not. He has broken a treaty, which was a deal between the Muslims and non-Muslims not to start a battle as long as they remain peaceful as mentioned in the Quran, which says, "And if they incline towards peace, then incline to it (also), and trust in Allah" (Chapter 8:61). If anyone broke the treaty, then that's the only time when Jihad and executions were allowed.
(March 18, 2011 at 5:18 am)annatar Wrote: Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf was a victim of Muhammad, assassinated just because he criticized him..
Muhammad Don Corleone Wrote:Allah's messenger said "Who is willing to kill Ka`b bin al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His apostle?" Thereupon Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's messenger! Would you like that I kill him?" The prophet said, "Yes". Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Ka`b). The prophet said, "You may say it."

Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf committed incitment and publicly encouraged terrorist acts against Muslims, by doing so he also violated a treaty made between Muslims and the Jews around the Medina. In short, he committed treason, and treason was punishable by death. As you can see, the guy wasn't an innocent critic.
Now this one was a dig, wasn't it? 2011, good times. You familiar with King Henry II Kloro?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 21, 2022 at 4:02 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Now this one was a dig, wasn't it?  2011, good times.  You familiar with King Henry II Kloro?

Those meddlesome priests (who often meet sticky ends) do tend to echo down the ages, don’t they?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The corn excavation appears to be proceeding nicely.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Mhm, though Big Mo is a bit more active in his role here, it seems. As I'm reading these other replies, I see Rayaan, miss that guy. The explanations given for this hit that was ordered are pretty rich. I mean, we hear he's a terrorist, and that he was plotting to kill big mo..but we also hear that the angel gabriel is who may have told someone that....no less.

I don't know if I want to boo or cheer.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who was Ali Ibn Abi Talib? Oldandeasilyconfused 8 7100 February 21, 2011 at 7:20 am
Last Post: Rayaan