Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the number?
Question 
What is the number?
How many people were killed because of the BLM protests in 2020?

How many were killed due right wing riots in DC?
RE: What is the number?
(December 15, 2021 at 10:13 am)onlinebiker Wrote: How many people were killed because of the BLM protests in 2020?

20-ish and 1, respectively.

I’m curious as to why you ask, because the comparison is essentially meaningless.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 15, 2021 at 10:13 am)onlinebiker Wrote: How many people were killed because of the BLM protests in 2020?

Good things are worthy of a high price.

any price for a Worthless thing is far too high a price. 

BLM protest was for a good cause worthy of a substantial price.   

right wing riots is for a despicable cause for which any price is way too high.

satisfied?
(December 15, 2021 at 11:43 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:

Good things are worthy of a high price.

any price for a Worthless thing is far too high a price. 

BLM protest was for a good cause worthy of a substantial price.   

right wing riots is for a despicable cause for which any price is way too high.

satisfied?

Not only that, but - based on the numbers of people involved in both incidents - the death toll in the DC insurrection was far, FAR higher that that of the 2020 riots.

Boru

Edit: Imma make a wild prediction: OLB is not satisfied.
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Bad comparison.

Edit: I found this, which may not be completely to the point, but can shed some light on political violence. : https://www.businessinsider.com/right-wi...one-2020-7
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 15, 2021 at 11:53 am)brewer Wrote:

Bad comparison.

Edit: I found this, which may not be completely to the point, but can shed some light on political violence. : https://www.businessinsider.com/right-wi...-none-2020
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/o...rest-acled

They say otherwise.
(December 15, 2021 at 1:00 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(December 15, 2021 at 11:53 am)brewer Wrote: Bad comparison.

Edit: I found this, which may not be completely to the point, but can shed some light on political violence. : https://www.businessinsider.com/right-wi...-none-2020
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/o...rest-acled

They say otherwise.

Not to be a nudzh, but was there a point to your original question?

And your Guardian link doesn’t exactly refute brewer’s Business Insider story.

Boru
(December 15, 2021 at 11:07 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

20-ish and 1, respectively.

I’m curious as to why you ask, because the comparison is essentially meaningless.

Boru

A protest turned riot.is a riot.

Fuck their " good cause".

It' s just like that dickdrip Rittenhouse - you KNOW it' s likely to turn to shit - so stay the fuck home
(December 15, 2021 at 1:06 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(December 15, 2021 at 11:07 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 20-ish and 1, respectively.

Boru

A protest turned riot.is a riot.

Fuck their " good cause".

It' s just like that dickdrip Rittenhouse - you KNOW it' s likely to turn to shit - so stay the fuck home

I think you may have misdirected that reply.

Boru
The actual numbers are eleventy nine and kumquateen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  618,222, the next landmark number for the US. Gawdzilla Sama 2 245 October 27, 2020 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Insane cat hoarding number. brewer 2 429 June 11, 2019 at 8:27 am
Last Post: LastPoet