Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is Disgusting...
This is Disgusting...
But I don't know which is worse. The murderous scumbags masquerading as soldiers or the fact that the Army tried to suppress the story.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/der-...story.html

Quote:The German newsmagazine Der Spiegel has published two photographs depicting U.S. Army soldiers posing next to the corpse of an Afghan civilian moments after he was killed in an incident the Army has classified as a murder.

The photos are among several hundred the Army has sought to keep under wraps as it prosecutes five members of the 5th Stryker Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, for the alleged murders of three unarmed Afghan civilians last year. The photographs published by Der Spiegel were among those covered by a judicial protective order issued by a military judge, prohibiting their public release.
RE: This is Disgusting...
Posing next to a corpse? Do they stylize themselves as big game hunters of a sort because they can kill an unarmed human civilian?

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's disgusting, but it certainly is disturbing.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I read about this a little while ago. If nothing else we can at least be glad that these sociopaths are being brought to justice.
"If an injury must be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared" - Niccolo Macchiavelli
(March 21, 2011 at 5:01 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: Posing next to a corpse? Do they stylize themselves as big game hunters of a sort because they can kill an unarmed human civilian?

I don't want to sound like a stereotype lover, but that would be correct with a lot of america stereotypes
(March 21, 2011 at 5:12 pm)Ubermensch Wrote: I read about this a little while ago. If nothing else we can at least be glad that these sociopaths are being brought to justice.

We just need to bring the sociopaths that sent them to these endless wars to justice. Above all, the responsibility lays at the feet of the Bush Administration.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(March 21, 2011 at 5:01 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: Posing next to a corpse? Do they stylize themselves as big game hunters of a sort because they can kill an unarmed human civilian?

Fr. Merriam Webster:

Quote:Definition of DISGUST
: marked aversion aroused by something highly distasteful

Quote:Definition of DISTURB
transitive verb
a : to interfere with : interrupt <disturbing the flow of traffic> b : to alter the position or arrangement of <the items on her desk had been disturbed> c : to upset the natural and especially the ecological balance or relations of <wetlands disturbed by development>
a : to destroy the tranquillity or composure of <the noisy lawnmower disturbed their sleep> b : to throw into disorder c : alarm d : to put to inconvenience <sorry to disturb you at such a late hour>

I'll stick with disgusted for this one.
(March 21, 2011 at 6:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Fr. Merriam Webster:

Quote:Definition of DISGUST
: marked aversion aroused by something highly distasteful

Quote:Definition of DISTURB
transitive verb
a : to interfere with : interrupt <disturbing the flow of traffic> b : to alter the position or arrangement of <the items on her desk had been disturbed> c : to upset the natural and especially the ecological balance or relations of <wetlands disturbed by development>
a : to destroy the tranquillity or composure of <the noisy lawnmower disturbed their sleep> b : to throw into disorder c : alarm d : to put to inconvenience <sorry to disturb you at such a late hour>

I'll stick with disgusted for this one.

The photos are disgusting... this war is disturbing.

There. I think I did those definitions justice.
The rigger happy yahoos wouldve got away with it if they hadnt taken photos, what else went on out there?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think muslims are disgusting backward vermin? Shaddam IV 75 12624 November 23, 2015 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  This Pastor is Disgusting Handprint 20 6225 March 21, 2012 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused