Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Pastor is Disgusting
This Pastor is Disgusting
[youtube]B2emBxDOY7g[/youtube]

RE: This Pastor is Disgusting
I wish the fundies would stop acting like christianity is about to be wiped out. Its just pathetic to be honest, saying that there beliefs are being attacked, when practically everything in the US revolves around god.
(March 19, 2012 at 4:39 pm)tobie Wrote: I wish the fundies would stop acting like christianity is about to be wiped out. Its just pathetic to be honest, saying that there beliefs are being attacked, when practically everything in the US revolves around god.

... Or so they would have you believe .....

Got to hand it to him, the way he fuses certain fundamentalist populist beliefs with religious zealotry wins this crowd over. Of course this is a rather unsophisticated group who will blindly accept anything that is handed down to them.

PS: If anyone calls you a liberal, in a condescending way. Just ask them to define liberal. The 30 second blank stare is worth it.

All pastors are pretty much disgusting to one degree or another.

They sell salvation to the gullible and think themselves "moral."

Fuck 'em.
minimalist i like your signature banner. Smile How appropriate.
Relgion and nationalism are bad enough on their own, but mix them together and you've got a volatile ideology.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 19, 2012 at 5:03 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Relgion and nationalism are bad enough on their own, but mix them together and you've got a volatile ideology.

Yep as irrational as the racist and fascist doctrines of hitler.
Hitler thought he was doing god's work.

Quote:What we have to fight for is the necessary security for the existence and increase of our race and people, the subsistence of its children and the maintenance of our racial stock unmixed, the freedom and independence of the Fatherland; so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the Creator.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 8

I would like to know where, in this country, it is illegal to pray to Jesus in public.

And funny, though, how he claims that "We don't worship Buddha, we don't worship Allah." Yet I'm betting that if he had his way that he'd make it illegal to practice any religion but Christianity.

I agree with one thing he said though. If you don't like the way we do things in America, Christians, then get out! If you don't like freedom of religion then there's no place for you here. And that means being able to worship Buddha, Mohammed, or Allah, or no gods at all. Just because you have a religion doesn't mean you get to force it upon everyone else.

Get used to hearing more of this as time goes on and gay marriage becomes accepted and legal across the country, atheism becomes more and more mainstream, and Christianity is less and less relevant to society.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Meh, he's an old fart, close-minded and part of a dying breed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think muslims are disgusting backward vermin? Shaddam IV 75 12808 November 23, 2015 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Star Crazy pastor is running for governor of Virginia. He is fucking crazy! Big Blue Sky 6 2465 June 7, 2013 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Georgia legislature "Pastor of the day". Ziploc Surprise 4 1822 March 23, 2012 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  This is Disgusting... Minimalist 7 2138 March 22, 2011 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb