Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darth Dawkins having "rare" moments of weakness
Darth Dawkins having "rare" moments of weakness
I saw a thread before about how to "defeat" Darth Dawkins in a debate. Well, here's a hint: try to get him to do formal logic!

Enjoy:

Darth Dawkins is a flawed human after all!

ETA: TBF, though, he's not entirely wrong in saying such an argument does not have to be fallacious. I think the primary issue is that the argument could've been worded heaps better so that it didn't have the form of the "affirming the consequent" fallacy. For example, flip P and Q and you'll get something valid at least (or appears to be valid at first glance). And maybe reword the manifestation expression (in both premises) so that begging the question is clearly not occurring.
RE: Darth Dawkins having "rare" moments of weakness
First I've heard of Darth, now..... hopefully it will be the last.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 24, 2022 at 9:19 am)GrandizerII Wrote: I saw a thread before about how to "defeat" Darth Dawkins in a debate. Well, here's a hint: try to get him to do formal logic!

Enjoy:

Darth Dawkins is a flawed human after all!

ETA: TBF, though, he's not entirely wrong in saying such an argument does not have to be fallacious. I think the primary issue is that the argument could've been worded heaps better so that it didn't have the form of the "affirming the consequent" fallacy. For example, flip P and Q and you'll get something valid at least (or appears to be valid at first glance). And maybe reword the manifestation expression (in both premises) so that begging the question is clearly not occurring.
Ah, you watch Tom Rabittt too Great
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Someone should invite Darth here!
I only watched 6 min of the first video.
What's the point? I don't get it.

Step 1. He seems to be saying that if a god exists, therefore he will give evidence that he exists.
Step 2. God gives evidence
Step 3. Step 3 is the concluding step and he says therefore, god exists.

That is not circular. It's how basic logic works with just about any piece of evidence.
The thing is that it is possible that the god never gives evidence and also you want to call some guy a god for some reason.
I've heard this guy debate several times. He is the worst of the worst.

His brand presuppositionalism is so flawed, it is hard to listen to. I'm afraid I'll give myself a concussion from all the forehead slaps.

Couple that, with his incredible arrogance, his hypocrisy, and ridiculous amount of anger, and you have the making of one hell of a nasty, sour human being. I can't imagine he is a happy guy.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard Dawkins and the God of the Old Testament Randy Carson 69 16649 October 8, 2015 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: orangedude
  Alabama Preacher Admits having AIDS, Sleeps with Flock JesusHChrist 10 2928 October 9, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Richard Dawkins obliterates the 10 Commandments. Creed of Heresy 118 60157 June 24, 2013 at 9:02 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  My chat with Richard Dawkins greneknight 97 37720 September 21, 2012 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Reforged
  Dawkins moves from "militant atheism" to "agnosticism" because of DNA? reverendjeremiah 23 10386 April 9, 2012 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Christians lie about Dawkins. Says he "officially left atheism" reverendjeremiah 43 14407 March 6, 2012 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Voltair
  Love this quote, enjoy if you like a bit of dawkins Captain Scarlet 3 2873 August 18, 2010 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused