Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians lie about Dawkins. Says he "officially left atheism"
Christians lie about Dawkins. Says he "officially left atheism"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dplnk2ddgD4
RE: Christians lie about Dawkins. Says he "officially left atheism"
Yeah. The Huffpo comments are amusing, about every 5 posts is a theist jumping on it followed by someone pointing out yet again that it's the same position he's always maintained. Over a hundred pages long. So far, I have the honor of the last word.
Apparently these people have zero idea that this isnt something new. Dawkins has said this many times in the past.

They also think this somehow means that dawkins is moving towards (their version) of christianity.
I said it before....all these god freaks are so threatened whenever anyone disputes their bullshit.

We terrify those motherfuckers.

Good to know!

Big Grin
ShockofGod is lying? No, I just can't believe that! His sterling reputation for intellectual honesty combined with his demonstrated understanding of what atheism is just won't allow me to believe it!
[/snark]
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Don't they usually wait until someones dead to do the whole "recanted at the end" bit?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 29, 2012 at 12:29 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Don't they usually wait until someones dead to do the whole "recanted at the end" bit?

Why wait? The Mormons dont.

The mormons might as well baptize him as a Mormon right now, along with everyone else on the planet.
Good point, can't let the mormons beat you to it. You'll never hear the end of it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Doesn't matter one bit to me what Dawkins says he is or isn't. I'm still an atheist because there's no credible evidence to show that any gods exist. I don't hold Dawkins up as our great atheist leader. I've never even read his book.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
That's the rub isn't it. These people were so convinced by charisma that they just assume that atheists are like dominoes behind Richard Dawkins. Rather than spending their time trying to provide evidence of their god (which is what they'd be doing if they actually gave a shit/had two functional brain cells), they waste time attempting to erode the credibility of some mythical atheist priesthood.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darth Dawkins having "rare" moments of weakness GrandizerII 5 1419 February 9, 2022 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3406 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  What does the lamb lie with? robvalue 42 2820 April 10, 2019 at 2:20 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5877 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7836 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Would They Die for a Lie? YahwehIsTheWay 95 12719 December 27, 2018 at 11:10 pm
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3447 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Too Soon For a Lie YahwehIsTheWay 14 2636 December 5, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Are there any Christian proselytizers left in this subforum? Jehanne 157 21073 October 8, 2018 at 1:05 pm
  The Lie Known as "Salvation" Haipule 59 8280 June 12, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Haipule