Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay and Muslim?
Rainbow 
Gay and Muslim?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12486003

How can they stay committed to their faith which clearly sees homosexuality as a sin and sometimes punishable by death? If you believe the quran to be the word of god, and the word of god says homosexuality is wrong, how can you be a gay Muslim? I hate this cherry picking of ideals and rules to follow so many religious people choose to do. At least the fundamentalist nut jobs know what they believe in.

Obviously I have no issue with homosexuality at all, it's the ridiculousness of being a gay Muslim I'm confused about as the two are clearly not compatible. Being gay isn't a choice, being a cherry picking Muslim is.
RE: Gay and Muslim?
In a way it's a good thing, it might eventually take the edge off the extremism that Islam currently represents.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(March 22, 2011 at 5:44 am)Skipper Wrote: Obviously I have no issue with homosexuality at all,

Me either. It's the illogical lifestyle choice of being and Islamo-Christian that bothers me. Fortunately, people who get caught up in this irrational lifestyle can be counciled and convinced to turn away from it. And unlike with "ex-gays", ex-Christians and ex-Muslims remain so. Tongue
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(March 22, 2011 at 8:12 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: And unlike with "ex-gays", ex-Christians and ex-Muslims remain so. Tongue
Hello *waves*
(March 22, 2011 at 5:44 am)Skipper Wrote: How can they stay committed to their faith which clearly sees homosexuality as a sin and sometimes punishable by death? If you believe the quran to be the word of god, and the word of god says homosexuality is wrong, how can you be a gay Muslim? I hate this cherry picking of ideals and rules to follow so many religious people choose to do. At least the fundamentalist nut jobs know what they believe in.

That's normally what revisionist Muslims do.

However, the feeling of homosexuality itself is not sinful. It is only when you act upon the feeling that it becomes a sin because it is a temptation from the devil.

(March 22, 2011 at 5:44 am)Skipper Wrote: Being gay isn't a choice, being a cherry picking Muslim is.

You never know because even cherry-picking could be a strong temptation especially for those who are already gay. One temptation leads to another.
(March 22, 2011 at 5:47 pm)Rayaan Wrote:
(March 22, 2011 at 5:44 am)Skipper Wrote: How can they stay committed to their faith which clearly sees homosexuality as a sin and sometimes punishable by death? If you believe the quran to be the word of god, and the word of god says homosexuality is wrong, how can you be a gay Muslim? I hate this cherry picking of ideals and rules to follow so many religious people choose to do. At least the fundamentalist nut jobs know what they believe in.
That's normally what revisionist Muslims do.
However, the feeling of homosexuality itself is not sinful. It is only when you act upon the feeling that it becomes a sin because it is a temptation from the devil.
(March 22, 2011 at 5:44 am)Skipper Wrote: Being gay isn't a choice, being a cherry picking Muslim is.
You never know because even cherry-picking could be a strong temptation especially for those who are already gay. One temptation leads to another.

Prove to me that homosexuality is a temptation from the devil.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(March 22, 2011 at 5:47 pm)Rayaan Wrote: However, the feeling of homosexuality itself is not sinful. It is only when you act upon the feeling that it becomes a sin because it is a temptation from the devil.

Why does love become evil when the body parts are similar?
(March 22, 2011 at 3:47 pm)fr0d0 Wrote:
(March 22, 2011 at 8:12 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: And unlike with "ex-gays", ex-Christians and ex-Muslims remain so. Tongue
Hello *waves*

You're a Christian who became an ex-Christian and then relapsed?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(March 22, 2011 at 5:47 pm)Rayaan Wrote: However, the feeling of homosexuality itself is not sinful. It is only when you act upon the feeling that it becomes a sin because it is a temptation from the devil.

So can you please explain why the feeling of homosexuality itself is not caused by the devil?

The Christian god views even having a feeling of lust for someone else as being sinful. Why is not Islam the same? I understand it's the same god.

There are many intelligent Christians, no doubt, but an "intellectual Christian", is surely an oxymoron.
Gay and Muslim? You mean like a Muslim who buys matching shoes and belts to go along with his TNT-shirt?
Quote:How can they stay committed to their faith which clearly sees homosexuality as a sin and sometimes punishable by death?

I don't know.....how do xtians manage it?

[Image: Westboro-Baptist-Church-Signs.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5272 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2295 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1252 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1343 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4742 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3916 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 782 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1933 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If a muslim grows old, do they have to dye their hair? Ruckus123 5 933 April 16, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: yragnitup
  So if Muhammad had long hair why so many muslim male having short hair? Ruckus123 3 1193 April 12, 2018 at 7:07 am
Last Post: chimp3