Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virus transmission - asymptomatic
Virus transmission - asymptomatic
I don’t know where to put this so let’s file it under “Life Sciences”.

I was having a chat with anti-vaxxers or whatever they are on Youtube.
The conversation became way too funny.

Quote:Me:
shutting down businesses make sense it helps stop the spread of the virus

Him:
“shutting down businesses make sense it helps stop the spread of the virus” wow you bought into it hook line and sinker eh?

Me:
Every scientist/professional has bought into it. When you have a communicable disease, then you need to isolate yourself.

Him:
right. When YOU are sick YOU isolate YOURSELF UNTIL YOU ARE BETTER. When you are healthy like me and millions of others you don’t shut down the fucking world. Get it?

Me:
There are some who are carriers who do not show any symptoms. That is what the experts are saying and I place more value in what the experts say.

I'm sorry that your business was effected but you should just apply for the government funds in this case.

I'm satisfied that you are healthy and that your body can combat any virus very effectively. That is a beautiful thing.
The ugly part of this reality is that the infection is spreading. At some point, a certain healthy person will pass the virus to someone who is immuno comprimised or has health issues.
I do not want you to harm them.

In other words, businesses take a back seat to health.
Health is the most valuable thing a person can have.

Him:
the ugly part of this is that you actually believe people with no symptoms can give you symptoms. The only virus in history where “you don’t know you have it and can spread it” that makes zero sense.

Me:
Here is a text extract:
However, Koch later abandoned the universalist requirement of the first postulate altogether when he discovered asymptomatic carriers of cholera[4] and, later, of typhoid fever. Asymptomatic or subclinical infection carriers are now known to be a common feature of many infectious diseases, especially viral diseases such as polio, herpes simplex, HIV/AIDS, and hepatitis C.

^^^^^In other words, this has been known for about 100 y of research into infectious diseases.
It’s old news.
Are you willing to accept that you are wrong?

Also, I am curious.
Are you from the USA?
Are you a christian?
Are you a young earth creationist?
RE: Virus transmission - asymptomatic
Ask him if he's ever heard of Typhoid Mary. Or HIV patient zero.

Or maybe, just maybe he can believe medical science: https://www.cdc.gov/measles/transmission.html
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
So, I guess by his reasoning, I didn't get COVID via asymptomatic transmission.

Yet, here we are.
I don't know what is wrong with him.
I asked him if he is in the USA, a yec and he didn't answer, so I am guessing the answer is yes.

I asked him if he wants to discuss it in a science forum but he stopped replying.

There is something fucked up going on in the USA.
I have seen this kind of behavior in limited form in Canada as well.

It is a huge problem for the future when you have people who don't understand basic science.
(February 15, 2022 at 3:23 pm)Ferrocyanide Wrote: I don't know what is wrong with him.
I asked him if he is in the USA, a yec and he didn't answer, so I am guessing the answer is yes.

I asked him if he wants to discuss it in a science forum but he stopped replying.

It is a huge problem for the future when you have people who don't understand basic science.

Face it, it does not fit their 'religion'.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 15, 2022 at 8:17 pm)brewer Wrote:
(February 15, 2022 at 3:23 pm)Ferrocyanide Wrote: I don't know what is wrong with him.

Face it, it does not fit their 'religion'.

I would say that most likely this thing is tightly coupled with that religion.
Sadly, it is hard to get some statistics. I would really love to know Smile
How many of them are going to churches? How many of them have a priests who is anti-government?
How many of them believe that the government wants to put the 666 on their forehead?

On a rare occasion I run into a case where it isn't about religion.
Source:
https://www.vox.com/2019/3/19/18263688/m...ark-county

That one is about russian communities in the USA that don't trust the government because of the bad experience they had in Soviet Russia.
It looks like Dr Tetyana Odarich was able to make them understand that getting the MMR has its benefits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Space and Herpes (and other virus) brewer 1 231 April 10, 2019 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Scared I have the "fat virus" Razzle 6 1800 July 19, 2015 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Razzle
  Stupid Virus Discovered in People popeyespappy 0 992 November 11, 2014 at 11:09 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  The World's Largest Virus Resurrected From 34,000-Year-Old Permafrost Rayaan 9 3126 March 6, 2014 at 4:19 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace