Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spending that moolah
Spending that moolah
What have you recently purchased?

Finally getting a PS5, should have it within a week.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Spending that moolah
Went to Target today and bought two bottles of a shampoo for the dogs that I particularly like.

Probably not what you meant...huh?

Last week I got the oil changed in my car, stocked up on several household and animal supply things, bought a couple T-shirts from one of my favorite bands, and a metric shit ton of sewing supplies. Have a selection of nail polish on the way too. Nothing fancy, but things I wanted and/or needed. Retail therapy on a small scale.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

My obvious big purchase was my hybrid car.  That might not have been such a stupid decision because fuel prices are supposed to be going up and I previously had a petrol car.
That cost £15,000.  They bought my old car for £7000 which wasn't bad.

I've been spending way too much on tattoos.  I don't know if it's because one of my friends has been getting loads or because I was on a downer from having arguments with my girlfriend that we're just recently patching up.  I've just been in a YOLO mood and thought fuck it buy some body art.

I might post pictures up of them in this thread since it's relevant. Once I remember how you do that.

I've also been going climbing with my daughter in a new indoor climbing arena they just opened in my area.  I can see myself getting obsessed with this, I've already talked about it enough in work to convince people from work to come with me and we had a really good time. 
I can see myself being one of those guys who buys the climbing shoes, the wraps, all the gear.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

A new laptop. Mine has been broken since last year.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 8, 2022 at 10:54 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Went to Target today and bought two bottles of a shampoo for the dogs that I particularly like.

Last week I got the oil changed in my car, stocked up on several household and animal supply things, bought a couple T-shirts from one of my favorite bands, and a metric shit ton of sewing supplies.  Have a selection of nail polish on the way too.  Nothing fancy, but things I wanted and/or needed.  Retail therapy on a small scale.

I should hope so. It would be weird to buy shampoo for dogs you don’t particularly like.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Two brix scale hydrometers.

One for sap, one for syrup.

I already have a set - but they are fragile - if one breaks during production it makes things difficult.

So - backups as insurance.
I recently took advantage of a half-off flash sale at Criterion.com to get a Blu-Ray of Brazil. I also considered a Blu-Ray of Andrei Rublev, but given... certain current events, I decided I would prefer to not take the off-chance of giving even a kopek to one of Putin's enablers. I don't even know how Criterion's licensing agreement with Mosfilm is supposed to work, but right now, I'm not taking any chances.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(March 9, 2022 at 4:58 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 8, 2022 at 10:54 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Went to Target today and bought two bottles of a shampoo for the dogs that I particularly like.

Last week I got the oil changed in my car, stocked up on several household and animal supply things, bought a couple T-shirts from one of my favorite bands, and a metric shit ton of sewing supplies.  Have a selection of nail polish on the way too.  Nothing fancy, but things I wanted and/or needed.  Retail therapy on a small scale.

I should hope so. It would be weird to buy shampoo for dogs you don’t particularly like.

Boru
Of course, there's a back story - after all, I actually left the house and went into a store to make the purchase.

I can no longer buy the product online but found out that Target carries it.  A couple weeks ago I got a letter from Target saying that if I didn't soon use my Red Card they would close it (haven't been there in almost two years).  So, it was a two birds with one thing sorta thing.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Some apples.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
A full tanks of gas. Later today the planned purchase is toilet tank parts.

Oh goody!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.